Author Topic: the old school  (Read 16457 times)

mickie

the old school
« on: October 21, 2008, 06:29:43 PM »
I have tried to find people who remember my old school, it was a private girls school called Mosely College and was on the corner of WakeGreen rd and Yardley Wood rd in Moseley, so far I havn`t heard from anyone who went there of even remembers it. There is a picture of the intersection showing the school in 1939 on virtual brum.  anyone?

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: the old school
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 07:30:23 PM »
mickie

If its the same corner that I am thinking of then I can just about remember the school being demolished and a block of flats being built in its place.

Its a shame what has happened to all those large lovely houses up Wake Green Road. Nobody can afford houses that big these days and if they can they prefer better areas than Moseley these days. Most now have been converted into apartments or turned over to commercial use.

I don't think you will have much joy on this forum finding an ex pupil of a private school, most of our parents couldn't afford the bus fare to send us to school let alone school fees. Mind you tramp went to a private school, but I don't think it was a girls one............I said "I don't think"

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mickie

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 10:38:20 PM »
Yes Phil I went to school in the days when the right accent and education were important, surely there must be some other women who are still alive and online who went to the same school. Moseley used to be an upmarket area, what happened to it. The school was in a victorian house on a couple of acres so I would not be at all suprised if it has been gobbled up by developers.

tramp

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 02:52:00 AM »
I was sent to a minor public, i.e. private, school by Bīham Edīn Comītīe, who paid half cost; the rest was a scholarship given on the basis of 11+ results, although Iīd sat that 2 years before.

tramp

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 03:01:43 AM »
mickie,

When I entered Sandhurst, I was told to change my accent - I didnīt - I prefer to eat plums rather keep them in my mouth.  The Commandant however was an excellent, down to earth man.

Jacqueline

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 10:54:12 PM »
mickie,
   Have you tried friends reunited to see if your school is listed there 8)

Telstar

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 01:58:28 AM »
Hello mickie, Moseley College For Girls, is listed on friendsreunited. Put in name of school, England. West Midlands. hope you find it....
The truth always prevails.....

Telstar

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 02:00:06 AM »
Hi again mickie I am posting a few photos

Telstar

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 02:01:29 AM »
Any Luck?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »
mickie

This is how your old school looks now. I remember your old school some of us lads from Dennis Rd School down the road would pop up there occasionally, but the girls there were too posh to speak to us.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

tramp

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 04:25:50 PM »
A very beautifully proportioned building destroyed to make way for an "ELL" shaped box - an utter travesty

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy