Author Topic: the old school  (Read 16465 times)

tramp

Re: the old school
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 11:56:36 PM »
Phil,

We suffer from a common lack of tv viewing, but this is a bit much, or a lot less...sounds like he's strictly Ty-Phoo, duckie.   There hasn't been a Bond since Connery - the original one and only

Chessy

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2008, 12:10:53 AM »
Phil,

We suffer from a common lack of tv viewing, but this is a bit much, or a lot less...sounds like he's strictly Ty-Phoo, duckie.   There hasn't been a Bond since Connery - the original one and only

Bleurgh!
Maybe my altruistic views predispose me to such propositions, but it won't stop me joining the party

m/search?q=the+farmer+and+the+cowman&sca_esv=594793247&sxsrf=AM9HkKlyGJxCXd0UyheM9ig9PiCsXAXhTw%3A1704059497453&ei=aeKRZemaG6ythbIP3eOoiAQ&gs_s

tramp

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 12:16:26 AM »
Chessy,

You really should try to speak clearly... ::)

Chessy

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 12:20:45 AM »
 :-* :-* :-* :-*

Maybe my altruistic views predispose me to such propositions, but it won't stop me joining the party

m/search?q=the+farmer+and+the+cowman&sca_esv=594793247&sxsrf=AM9HkKlyGJxCXd0UyheM9ig9PiCsXAXhTw%3A1704059497453&ei=aeKRZemaG6ythbIP3eOoiAQ&gs_s

tramp

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008, 12:32:59 AM »
And what's that supposed to mean?

Seriously, has Jasper been on this evening (her morning)?

Chessy

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 12:34:01 AM »
Jasper was looking at my Gadget thread five minutes ago

tramp

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 12:38:15 AM »
Thanks Chessy, I've just posted on that  thread.

mickie

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2008, 09:51:17 PM »
The mystery is finally solved, what a horror, it looks as if the old garden wall was retained. thanks for the picture.

JOANIDA

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2014, 12:04:24 AM »
Hello there - I have  just read your post about former Moseley College students from bygone years.  I was a student there in the late 1940's and early l950's, now living in Canada for many years.  I have fond memories of my days there, especially my English teacher who opened my eyes and ears to the wonders that are Shakespeare...  We have a fine Shakespearean theatre here and I make it appoint to go there as often as I can, always loving it.  It is SUCH a pity that beautiful old place wasn't saved as a Heritage site just to put people "on shelves" to live!  I was recently in England visiting my sister and loved seeing the lush gardens and boulevards, although I wasn't able to revisit Moseley.  I have one of those long stretch group photograph of the entire school (which did take young boys in the junior grades) and will try to upload it so I can post it.  Incidentally, just to put the picture right - not all students there were from well-to-do homes;  my mother was a miracle worker with money and scrimped to give my brother, sister and me a good start.  I love the people of Birmingham, but oh the weather - I am so used to sun for days on end and it seems in Brum it just doesn't happen! 

Wendyt

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2016, 12:44:50 PM »
Hi just found this site, I went to this school and can remember the headmaster/owner Sylvester? , his 3 daughters attended the school, Elfreda and Flavia, can't remember the name of the eldest girl though.

I was there with Vivian, Karen, Helen and Jacqui, not sure of the years I attended but it must have been late 50's. Left there and went to Swanshurst Bi-lateral, not sure if it was because Moseley College closed or my parents could not afford the fees anymore!

Have lived in Australia now for nearly 40 years, hard to get the old grey cells working to remember much more....

planetmalc

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2016, 02:48:33 PM »
Hi just found this site, I went to this school and can remember the headmaster/owner Sylvester? , his 3 daughters attended the school, Elfreda and Flavia, can't remember the name of the eldest girl though.

Elfreda and Flavia :o    -   where are Social Services when you need them? ;D

I was there with Vivian, Karen, Helen and Jacqui, not sure of the years I attended but it must have been late 50's. Left there and went to Swanshurst Bi-lateral, not sure if it was because Moseley College closed or my parents could not afford the fees anymore!

I left Moseley Grammar in 1962 and I'm pretty sure Moseley College was still open then.     We have another thread on Moseley College somewhere on here, but it's several years old; you should be able to find it if you use the search box. O0
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy