Author Topic: Nechells, Vauxhall, Duddeston & Saltley, 40's, 50's & 60's.  (Read 1749122 times)

astoness

Re: Nechells, Vauxhall, Duddeston & Saltley, 40's, 50's & 60's.
« Reply #3784 on: March 28, 2018, 05:24:55 AM »
hi jacko those a great photos you have posted...for a min there i thought that was tommy steele in the 2nd  photo

lyn

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3785 on: March 28, 2018, 08:36:31 AM »

Hi yet again. Here is a picture of Brenda and myself at the Crown in Station st city center. Jacko.

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3786 on: March 28, 2018, 09:00:15 AM »

hi jacko those a great photos you have posted...for a min there i thought that was tommy steele in the 2nd  photo

lyn

jacko1947

« Reply #3787 on: March 28, 2018, 11:10:31 AM »
Hi everyone.  I wish I was Tommy Steele, or had his money.   Obviously, Tommy Steele was the better looking!!!.   How did you get the colours in the picture? The idea for the picture was to see if anyone could remember Brenda Smith, as I have only a few pictures of Brenda.  Regards from Jacko.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3788 on: March 28, 2018, 11:25:06 AM »

hi jacko
                 I made a copy of your photo and I added the colours one by one I did it with paint brush tools and colour blender software  you will note they are soft colours has they would be with a photo of this age  O0

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3789 on: March 28, 2018, 12:16:15 PM »
I can’t be certain Phil, but I think it was B4.

Daisy,

Had Gospal Street been part of Vauxhall I think it would have had the postal designation of Birmingham 7 as did Nechells, Duddeston & Vauxhall. I'm no expert on mapping but I think that Gospal street was in the ward of St Mary's which later your part became known as Ashted. Or it could even been a part of Gosta Green as the Gosta Green market was only at the top of Belmont Row.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

jacko1947

« Reply #3790 on: March 28, 2018, 01:14:30 PM »
Hi Roy One.  Why I asked, these colours are so true to what they were, I find it amazing. Thanks a lot. As soon as Brenda gets an email address, I can send it to her.  I have just told her about this, and she is totally "blown away".  Thank you so much. You have made a 70, and 75 year old very happy.  Regards from Jacko (David).

Daisy1

« Reply #3791 on: March 28, 2018, 02:41:48 PM »
Just found this Phil.  Howe Street Birmingham B4 7APHowe Street is a Street in the West Midlands city of Birmingham with the postcode of B4 7AP.
The local council responsible for Howe Street is Birmingham District Council which is a Metropolitan District .[/font][/size]
Howe Street is located within the county of West Midlands which is in the West Midlands Euro [/font][/size]

jacko1947

« Reply #3792 on: April 02, 2018, 04:03:59 PM »
Hi Oznow. I know the posting from you was a long time ago, but I do know the family called Ali. I am in touch with every couple of days with Guggie, the brother of Shana, Baba and John. If you reply, I can put you in touch with Guggie, and you can take it from there if you wish. Regards from Jacko.

townie

« Reply #3793 on: April 02, 2018, 05:33:54 PM »
jacko You might be out of luck as Oznow hasn't been on the forum for nearly 8 years. But you never know he may come back.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

ernie bluenose

« Reply #3794 on: April 09, 2018, 03:34:21 PM »
To Whitty mainly,
  I noticed your post where you stated you lived in Erskine St between the bridge and Dolman St.
I would imagine you might remember the Pugh family that also lived in that little block. Harold and Queenie were the parents and the children were Sylvia,Harold,Kenny,Phil & Peter. Only Phil is still alive and i saw him only yesterday as we have been friends for over 60 years.
I lived at the cafe no 1 Dolman St and attended Loxton St school before going to Handsworth tech in about 1950 from memory. I then spent 4 years in the merchant navy during w hich time my dad died and mom moved to northfield.
I spoke yesterday to Brian Marsden the bookies son who now lives in Stratford upon avon.
Phil and myself spent a great deal of time in the railway club and the midland tavern and we both met our future wives there.
My wife is still with us but Phils wife Barbara sadly passed away last year with cancer. Ernie

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy