Author Topic: Nechells, Vauxhall, Duddeston & Saltley, 40's, 50's & 60's.  (Read 1381661 times)

Whitty

Re: Nechells, Vauxhall, Duddeston & Saltley, 40's, 50's & 60's.
« Reply #3971 on: October 04, 2020, 06:50:36 PM »
Welcome to the group you will find us very friendly Graham

Hello Newbie.
Am new to this so please forgive me, (this message will probably end up in cyberspace anyway).
Am a brummy living well out of town but still get nostalgic. Well, I signed up for this and you literally jumped out at me.
Was born 4/4/Devon Street and Howard Thorne was either my dad or my eldest brother, take your pick. Must admit I got a bolt of adrenaline when I saw your post. I had 2 older sisters Jean and Chrissy, 2 older brothers Howard and Alan, mum Rose and dad Howard.
My name is Graham and I've signed up as Youngestthorne. Nice one.
but also very interesting enjoy looking back through the previous postings
If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.

Harry Purves

« Reply #3972 on: October 05, 2020, 02:09:22 AM »
Hi Graham. Welcome to the forum.
I'm not sure how old you are but did you attend St Annes School in Devon St, I was there from 1956 till 1960 and have some fond memories of the school and some not so fond. Some of the teachers were pretty rough on us kids. Loved the swing park opposite though....

MALCOLM G

« Reply #3973 on: October 19, 2020, 04:53:08 PM »
I HAVE JUST RETUNED BACK TO THIS SITE AND I AM WONDERING IF THE NAMES OF THOSE WHO LIVED IN ADERLAINE TERRACE STILL ABOUT

Whitty

« Reply #3974 on: October 20, 2020, 09:39:24 AM »
Malcolm , are you talking of Aldelaide Terrace Erskine St
Vauxhall , my gran her sister and there friend all elderly lived in the first three houses on the left side that backed onto the railway there where
five or six houses altogether with shared toilets up the top this would be early 60s they had been residents a long time I was born in Erskine St the other side of the bridge in the war days , the rightside of the terrace was bombed , there was only the five or six houses left and eventually became Saint Vincents School playground , I hope this has been helpful and wish you well in your search 

I HAVE JUST RETUNED BACK TO THIS SITE AND I AM WONDERING IF THE NAMES OF THOSE WHO LIVED IN ADERLAINE TERRACE STILL ABOUT
If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.

MALCOLM G

« Reply #3975 on: October 20, 2020, 03:41:57 PM »
hi whitty hope you are well and safe it is Adelaide terrace i was hoping that my grandparents would be on your list harry Jackson & phoebe never mind many thanks for your time