Author Topic: Nechells, Vauxhall, Duddeston & Saltley, 40's, 50's & 60's.  (Read 1749101 times)

jacko1947

Re: Nechells, Vauxhall, Duddeston & Saltley, 40's, 50's & 60's.
« Reply #3762 on: March 22, 2018, 06:42:09 PM »
Hi Steve.  Brenda's Great Grandfather was resident there, his nick name was Mo whose name was Isaiah. Her Grandfather and Grandmother were there in the shed next to the vardo, and Brenda lived in the shed, with her father Joe living in the Vardo (caravan).  Brenda lives in South Wales now, she is a Widow, living with her 2 children - grown up now. She is not computer savvy, but I can pass on any messages to her, as I am in touch with her every day.  I have a picture of Brenda, on Bonnie Granvilles bicycle, with Mr Lunt, standing in the foreground, with Brenda's Dad Vardo in the background.  I have problem trying to upload the picture, which is damaged, in that it tells me the picture is to big in file size, so untill I can get that smaller, I wont be able to upload it.  I also have pictures of Brenda's family, and a picture of Brenda and myself in the Crown Pub from 1964. I will close now, anymore questions, we will try to answer in the fullness of time.    Regards fro Jacko (for Brenda Smith)

jacko1947

« Reply #3763 on: March 24, 2018, 08:28:13 AM »
I must change part of this post, as I got some facts wrong. Hi Steve.  Brenda's Great Grandfather  was resident there, his  name was Isaiah. Her Grandfather, also called [/size] Isaiah [/size]whose nickname was Mo [/size]and her Grandmother.  were there in the shed next to the vardo, and Brenda lived in the shed, with her father Joe living in the Vardo (caravan). Brenda's Uncle (Joseph Smiths Brother) was called Elias. I hope I have now got this correct. Brenda lives in South Wales now, she is a Widow, living with her 2 children - grown up now. She is not computer savvy, but I can pass on any messages to her, as I am in touch with her every day.  I have a picture of Brenda, on Bonnie Granvilles bicycle, with Mr Lunt, standing in the foreground, with Brenda's Dad Vardo in the background.  I have problem trying to upload the picture, which is damaged, in that it tells me the picture is to big in file size, so until I can get that smaller, I wont be able to upload it.  I also have pictures of Brenda's family, and a picture of Brenda and myself in the Crown Pub from 1964. I will close now, anymore questions, we will try to answer in the fullness of time.    Regards fro Jacko (for Brenda Smith)

Steve

« Reply #3764 on: March 24, 2018, 12:38:19 PM »
Thanks Jacko, Most interesting. Re your photo, once you post it I'm sure Roy One can improve it for you. Go to Birmingham Photos on the start page, in there you will see a section about posting photo's which directs you to a resizer that reduces the pixels to under  80 per inch so it will then be able to post up.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

jacko1947

« Reply #3765 on: March 24, 2018, 12:44:16 PM »
Hi Steve. Many thanks for the info re- photo resizing,. I will have a go later and try to post the pictures.  Many Thanks for your help. Jacko.

jacko1947

« Reply #3766 on: March 26, 2018, 04:00:07 PM »
Hi Steve.  I have not been able to change the size of my photos, as I cannot find the solution that you suggest.  Help? Regards from Jacko.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3767 on: March 26, 2018, 04:37:46 PM »
Jacko

Click on this link and follow the instructions.

http://www.birminghamforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=4681.msg137371#msg137371
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mick m

« Reply #3768 on: March 26, 2018, 06:34:17 PM »
hello! I have been unable to make any posts for a while due to different reasons,but it is good to see the site still alive and running.I would like to test a few peoples memories, did any one go to st.Matthews school in lupin street I was there from 1943 to 48 the head teacher was Miss Morgan with top teacher being  Mr Southgate [fond of the slipper on your backside].Does any one know when it closed. I was born in the back to backs in Proctor street by the gas works in Lord st. Did any of the forum members live there or thereabouts.Sorry it is bit disjointed.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3769 on: March 26, 2018, 08:27:13 PM »
Hi Mick

Nice to see you posting again, I never went to senior school in Nechells only a couple of years at St Vincents. Though I had friends that went to St Mathews ,it was in Loxton Street wasn't it? Unless you are talking about the junior & infant School. The one in Loxton Street closed in July 1963 or it might have been July 1964.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

jacko1947

« Reply #3770 on: March 27, 2018, 02:45:35 PM »
Hi Phil. Many thanks for the instructions, and I will try to add a picture on here. Regards from Jacko.  Here goes.  This Mr Lunt, with Brenda on Bonnie Granvilles bike, showing the entry at the rear of 115 Aston Church Road. Picture taken in the early or mid 1950's. You will see Joseph Smiths Vardo at the top right of this picture. Sorry the picture is small, but I tried. Regards from Jacko.

jacko1947

« Reply #3771 on: March 27, 2018, 03:00:32 PM »
Hi Phil and anyone remembering Brenda Smith. Regards from Jacko.  Well that worked, but again a small picture. Jacko

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3772 on: March 27, 2018, 03:33:30 PM »
Jacko,

I don't know what you have done there it looks like you have uploaded the thumbnails. I have never used tinypics myself but others have with good results.

Try this site and resize your photos there and then upload them yourself, just remember each image has to be less than 80kb and the total of your upload at one time can only be 192kb.

http://webresizer.com/
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy