Author Topic: Red telephone boxes  (Read 7932 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Red telephone boxes
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 12:59:13 PM »
Bobby

There are quite a few web pages on the net dedicated to Tyneham. Ive just spent an enjoyable 15 minutes or so browsing through them. I have kept links to one or two to revisit later and digest them properly.

http://www.isleofpurbeck.com/tyneham.html

Here is one you may care to take a look at

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

denise

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 01:14:54 PM »
Good pics pickardr :)

pickard.r

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 10:40:30 AM »
Hi Phil

Thats the exact link I found whilst searching for a caravan site in January this year. After seeing that I was more determined than ever to have a holiday in the area. O0

Bobby
You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 11:12:37 AM »
Bobby

Are you another caravan nut, I know there are people on site who own caravans as I did myself until a couple of years back. I think that next to holiday camps there is no better holiday for young children.

If the wife and I holiday on our own then we use hotels, but they are no environment for the grandkids.

We gave our caravan at Skegness up a few years back for a couple of reasons one was the site fees were increasing each year at a stupid rate when we gave it up it was in excess of £2k and due to my wife's health we were not getting full use of the van.

Now my wife is much better I have been thinking of buying another one, the thing is as they are so expensive these days and we would not be thinking of renting it out, as we have never done that I takes some serious thought. The trouble is caravan's only go down in value so I might buy a bungalow.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 11:34:37 AM »
hi Phil
            having a holiday home is fine you can go anytime you like but if you look at the cost per year and think what you could spend that on  ie renting a van for a week or staying in a hotel plus you do not have to worry about it when not in use or maintain it plus other cost such has water rates or rent gas and so on  if you own a static van and you do rent it out to help with the cost some of the folk do not give a dam they will nick stuff and distroy things and you have to keep going to the site to make sure its OK    now if you do buy a new static van on site at a cost of £20.000 up to £30.000 most sites make you take the van off after 12 to 15 years  but some sites let you keep it there for ever and a day

just my point of view Phil  roy
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

pickard.r

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 11:42:20 AM »
Phil

We seem to be drifting off course a bit on this thread but to be honest now that the holiday season is upon us I don,t really care ;D

The wife & I love camping & caravan holidays. It took us a few years but we have slowly managed to upgrade from a two sleeper tent to a second hand Two berth tourer which, I hasten to add, I have only towed  3 times & am still a bit nervous on the road :-[

I hope to be taking it down to Savernake Forest in Wiltshire at whitsun so be warned...Stay well clear!!!!!

Bobby

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 12:09:42 PM »
Bobby

The thing about this site, is its not very strict on keeping "on thread" As we don't have a large membership I don't think its crucial. If membership were to increase drastically then it may be a different story.

Roy

Your point explains why I gave my van up, but I have to be honest I miss it. This is why I am thinking of either getting another one or even maybe a bungalow. Does anybody know if the prices of coastal property has fallen along with all the rest lately

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

pickard.r

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 12:16:54 PM »
Phil

The site I stayed at ( Chesil holiday park ) were selling homes from beetween £20,000 to £190,000, I don,t know the cost of the "extras" but I should imagine they were not cheap

Bobby

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 12:32:27 PM »
hi pickard (bob)

a lot of posts do go off thread but we try to keep the forum easy going most members seem to like it that way after all its the members forum so do not worry to much about going off thread some where along the line it comes back on  tack just enjoy Roy
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2009, 01:20:34 PM »
Bobby

As far as going off thread is concerned, I think the only time that it really matters is when the starter of the thread is trying to make a point and he or she objects, then I think we must defer to their wishes. Were you trying to make a statement with this thread?

Concerning the price of holiday homes, especially those in excess of £100K. I have to be honest we have ripped better temporary classrooms to shreds with Hymacs and JCB's than some holiday homes seen on some of these sites.

I often thought of buying a plot of land on the coast and installing some of the temporay classrooms we demolished as holiday homes, but believe me that sort of thing is all tied up.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

pickard.r

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2009, 10:45:16 AM »
Bobby

As far as going off thread is concerned, I think the only time that it really matters is when the starter of the thread is trying to make a point and he or she objects, then I think we must defer to their wishes. Were you trying to make a statement with this thread?

Hi Phil

I just thought that going from red telephones to caravan holidays may have put a few people off, I certainly wasn,t trying to make a statement of any kind and apologise if that was the assumption I gave :-[, in fact I could talk all day about my little caravan excursions 8)

Bobby

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy