Author Topic: Nostalgia, aint what it used to be  (Read 9778 times)

astoness

Re: Nostalgia, aint what it used to be
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2017, 09:40:50 PM »
country lad dont forget andy pandy..bill and ben and little weed..now she was a force to be reckoned with :o oh happy days

countrylad

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2017, 09:51:53 PM »
country lad dont forget andy pandy..bill and ben and little weed..now she was a force to be reckoned with :o oh happy days
Well yes, little weed, they could rely on her. She got so stressed when they wouldn't listen, I used to be terrified when the man who worked in the garden had finished his diner and was on his way back! She's a woman, always knows best! Imagine that, a 'diner break'  ;D  don't forget Slow Coach too.
I always thought Andy Pandy was a gal. It must have been the frills on his suit. The colour blue didn't mean anything to me then. It just means cold tap now!  ;D

Akatarawa

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2017, 10:16:05 PM »
When we moved to New Zealand in 1977, it was a pleasant surprise to find out that National Radio broadcast the Archers albeit a little bit behind the UK. 

National Radio then was much like the BBC Home Service had been some 10-20 years earlier,  but financial cutbacks meant it all changed progressively for the worse.

They had used to broadcast My Word and My Music, two of my favourite programs.

They had the BBC write a special final episode of the Archers in 1982 especially for New Zealand featuring Dan Archer who was still around at that time.

I used to reckon the Archers was not the same without Walter Gabriel.  ::)

Scipio

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2017, 10:20:54 PM »

When we moved to New Zealand in 1977, it was a pleasant surprise to find out that National Radio broadcast the Archers albeit a little bit behind the UK. 

National Radio then was much like the BBC Home Service had been some 10-20 years earlier,  but financial cutbacks meant it all changed progressively for the worse.

They had the BBC write a special final episode of the Archers in 1982 especially for New Zealand featuring Dan Archer who was still around at that time.

You're right there that cackling laughter was a joy to listen to
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

countrylad

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2017, 10:28:52 PM »

Well, I moan about change but one thing is we can listen to most things from the past and from other countries through th internet. I may be biased but thank goodness we can listen to the old and obscure stuff, providing we have a signal  :D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy