Author Topic: Birmingham Tansport Systems of the Past  (Read 34455 times)

tramp

Re: Birmingham Tansport Systems of the Past
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2009, 11:16:17 PM »
Come on Denise, don't be shy....... ;D

denise

« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2009, 11:20:18 PM »
No,Grandad provided us with lots more relations than we wanted .

Older people are very funny about these things.

Steve

« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2009, 11:24:10 PM »
Know what you mean re family history Denise. One of my ancestors in the mid 1800's caused a scandal by marrying his pregnant housekeeper less than a year after his first wife died. He being a lay preacher in chapel and an upstanding pillar of society.
   Anothers 3rd child had ILLEGITEMATE scrawled across the entry in the Parish Records.
              Steve
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

tramp

« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2009, 11:25:15 PM »
But you are so lucky, now you can play TEN Happy Familes......I can't, my only blood relative is the meanest sod I've come across in years.....and that didn't make anyone happy here...especially my mates and me....

Morris

« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2009, 12:51:23 PM »
I was doing some research in the local area I saw there was some confusion about the Stonebridge Hotel which was knocked down in the 60's ?

I hope these pictures help.
 It was diagonally opposite the Malt Shovel and backed onto the river

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2009, 01:38:43 PM »
Morris

What brilliant photos, I'm sure Denise will be chuffed at them when she returns from her caravan break.

You of course realise that I have snaffled a copy of each, hope you don't mind.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Morris

« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2009, 04:22:53 PM »
Phil,

I'm not sure what the copyright rules are but I should have credited Albert Smith from who's book 'One Hundred Years of the life in a village now under threat' I scanned them from.
I found another picture on eBay that you and Denise may or may not have seen before.
It gives a much clearer idea of the Old Coaching Inn with the incorporation of the much larger extension which must have been built for the increase of passing motor trade (before the 'anti Drink driving laws')

tramp

« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2009, 04:42:55 PM »
Morris,

Welcome to the forum - good to see that you're making your way around - these are excellent photos and as Phil said, Denise will be chuffed when she gets back. Well done O0

tramp

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2009, 04:43:01 PM »
hi morris
               welcome to the b/f  i think you will find this a good place to pull up a seat have a cuppa and enjoy we have a good load of members who will find your posts of great intrest so thank you for your input  roy
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2009, 05:02:58 PM »
Morris

I think the general rule for copyright on photographs is they are protected for 70 years after the death of the person that took the photo. The trouble is there are so many exceptions to this that can make it less you would need to be a solicitor trained in copyright law to understand them all.

The main trouble is in finding who in fact has copyright of some of these old photos in circulation. I think that as long as you don't reproduce any photo from a protected collection you are fine, and if you accidentally do just that, if challenged over it you can remove it.

So we are glad to see another wonderful photo of The Stonebridge Hotel and I must say it looks at least 70 years old.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2009, 05:08:55 PM »
Morris

Sorry I forgot to ask, where are you originally from. Also what is it you are researching?

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy