Author Topic: down memory lane in birmingham  (Read 157038 times)

astrablue

Re: down memory lane in birmingham
« Reply #429 on: June 19, 2010, 08:02:45 PM »
phil .
youre right hun,life throws us some traumatic times as well as beautiful ones,
but in the end we learn from our dilemmas,and hopefully have become better people because of it  O0
I am one
but im only one
cant do everything
but can do something
i do what i can do
and what i can do
i ought to do !

tramp

« Reply #430 on: June 23, 2010, 07:26:46 PM »
Hi astrablue,

Nail fair and square on the head.....especially when we learn as children O0

tramp

astrablue

« Reply #431 on: June 25, 2010, 07:14:09 PM »
hi again tramp
hope lifes treating you well!!

I think your childhood is the most important time of your life ,hun,
as you carry your experiences through life with you .
Thats some responsibility for parents isnt it?

hopefully if they get it wrong ,the child will put it right ,if not the child pays the consequences dont you think?
astra

I am one
but im only one
cant do everything
but can do something
i do what i can do
and what i can do
i ought to do !

tramp

« Reply #432 on: June 25, 2010, 09:17:47 PM »

Hi astrablue,

You're absolutely right - I learned a lot of what I never wanted to have anyone experience....and as I grew up, and further away from 'that house', still more became clear....

....until I joined BF, I'd not thought of, and so never mentioned that part of the past for many a year.  It's no problem to do so, nor has it ever been...it's just life....

Thank you for asking, I'm fine..and it's started raining again. It stopped just before midday here so I had a walk before lunch.   How are you and your family getting along, especially your son who'd had a tough time a while back?

tramp

astrablue

« Reply #433 on: June 25, 2010, 10:15:42 PM »
we are fine thank you! well they had an investigation back in february and nothing came of it ,thank god ! but the other lad has started on the other chefs in the kitchen now he tried to get the union in but they dismissed it ,hes just a trouble maker and his family are the same hun .weve learnt to rise above it .there are people like it everywhere now .not happy with there sad lives so spoil it or try too ,for those that are ,sad isnt it? thanks for asking
excuse my ignorance whats bf??
I am one
but im only one
cant do everything
but can do something
i do what i can do
and what i can do
i ought to do !

tramp

« Reply #434 on: June 25, 2010, 11:29:12 PM »
Hi astra,

BF is Brum Forum! - go on, kick yourself  ;D .

Pleased to hear that things didn't get worse and have improved as much seems likely or possible, bearing in mind the mentality...as you say, and you are far from the first, there's a lot of sad sods about in UK these days.  There's good and bad everywhere in the world - we think that one place is better than another on the logical basis of finding a better bunch of folk in it.  It's people that make or break anywhere, followed a bit behind by the climate. 

tramp

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #435 on: June 26, 2010, 10:17:36 AM »
hi asta
          I'm not in to this god thing or any thing like that but what i have discovered what goes round comes round it may take time and you may think thats not fair but one day it comes back there are folk in this world that think they are untouchable and it seems thats the case but when it comes back on them it hits them big time and they are the first to cry out in this life you reep what you sow

and some folk have found this to be right at there own cost

so asta just sit back  and wait one day you will see and you can think to your self yes
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

tramp

« Reply #436 on: June 26, 2010, 01:35:55 PM »
Roy and astrablue,

There's a lot of truth in this, and many of us have seen people ''get their comeuppance''....and we've also seen ''bad things happen to good people'', and to innocents. 

None of us can clearly and precisely explain these things, so it's a matter of personal conviction... and this often strengthens or changes more than once as we wend and work our way through life.

tramp

marty

« Reply #437 on: June 29, 2010, 01:58:35 PM »
Does anyone remember any of the staff at the bus depot Trafalger Road Moseley from the late 1950's in particular the bus conductresses and conducters?

martinfran

« Reply #438 on: July 01, 2010, 03:43:07 PM »
I met my wife at one of the regular Gosta Green Tech Saturday night dances in late May 1961  :) , and I'm trying to piece together various things we did around then before the 50th anniversary of that meeting, including the actual date! I know that one week after the meeting we went to see 'West Side Story' - so does anyone know which cinema it showed at (Odeon? Gaumont? ABC?) and in which week?
Martinfran

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #439 on: July 04, 2010, 12:46:55 PM »
Hi Marty

Welcome to our forum, though I knew Trafalgar Rd Bus Depot very well as I had a mate who lived in Trafalgar Rd I'm sorry I never knew any of the staff other that the ones who swore at me when I ran across the road in front of the bus they were driving or the ones who took my fare on the bus.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy