Author Topic: down memory lane in birmingham  (Read 98600 times)

Spud

Re: down memory lane in birmingham
« Reply #495 on: August 14, 2015, 06:33:15 PM »
I think that Bulpits may well be known to many people under their trade name Swan Brand they were well known for Kitchen Ware Electric Kettles etc
The Best Is Yet To Come

PeteSmith1978

« Reply #496 on: April 14, 2017, 10:51:05 PM »
Noticed the post by Alan Rowe. I believe he is related to my Grandmother Mary Smith. She married my grandfather William (Bill) Smith who indeed had a greengrocer on Coventry Road. Know very little about my Grandparents families.

IzzyM

« Reply #497 on: June 22, 2017, 11:23:38 AM »
Hi Phil

I'm getting in touch as I used to go to the old 1970s Lozells Primary School. I am in contact with the former teachers at the moment.

I also happen to have had the privilege of speaking to the old headmaster who moved across from the old Victorian School to the 1970s one. He's in late 80s and now extremely frail sadly.

Regarding both these schools, would you have high quality images/scans I could trouble you for? The teachers I am in contact with would love to see such pictures.

Best wishes!

IzzyM

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #498 on: June 28, 2017, 12:03:26 PM »
Hi Izzy

You will have to give me more details of the schools that you require images of, if I have posted he images to this thread then can you quote the post number. It's indicated at the top of the post just under the heading as reply #xx along with the date it was posted. Failing that I will need the name of the street the school was located on.
Make Love Not War