Author Topic: Cinemas of Birmingham  (Read 96604 times)

Spud

Re: Cinemas of Birmingham
« Reply #352 on: May 02, 2019, 08:42:25 AM »
Forgotten the Last time I went to the Cinema probably the last James Bond Spectre. I do like Good old film Watched the original Cinema Version Of MASH on DVD the other night hat an interesting funny serious film.
Even with all the modern technology sound CGI etc i just can't be bothered with today's films  Too many animation films not enough Drama.But I am looking forward to [that is if is ever made] the new version of West Side Story directed by Steven Spielberg  I understand that the main parts have already been cast.
The Only Free Cheese is in  The Trap

JudithM

« Reply #353 on: May 02, 2019, 02:10:06 PM »

Me and a mate from school had the pleasure of seeing A Shot in The Dark with the lovable Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau . Plus the great actor Herbert Lom in the 60's , Those were the days people watched films, instead of setting the cinema alight
I'm always deeply suspicious when these sorts of buildings are set alight.  There has been a big campaign with local public support to get the building refurbished & back into use for the community, but could the landowners get more money from knocking it down & selling off the land for housing?  ::)

"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

mikejee

« Reply #354 on: May 02, 2019, 02:18:07 PM »
The answer of course Judith is YES. And councillors can get encouragement to ignore that these things happened