Author Topic: CHARACTERS IN THE BULLRING  (Read 51164 times)

plexone

Re: CHARACTERS IN THE BULLRING
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2010, 03:43:40 PM »
hi everyone, and what a forum, since ive found it ,ive spent hours reading and looking thru the old pictures.
anyway back to the bullring, i currently work on a fish stall in the new indoor bull ring market and i also worked in the old bull ring market and yes most of the old chracters have died or the council have put a stop on us shouting or having a banter, looking thru the post yes the council are charging us silly rents for the stalls and at lot of stall holders are strugling , we need more young people to start using the markets like i did when i was young with my mom. i am currently putting together a website to try and get the market noticed on the web ( i have put this web site as a link if thats ok) the council are doing nothing to help us promote the market as its all down to the stall holders. i am looking to put a history page on the site and am looking for any old pictures of the old indoor bullring markets (dry goods or fish/meat side) and comments that people who like to post. back to the markets we need more people to support us, where can you get fresh chicken fillet not pumped up like supermarkets delivered and chopped that day for an average of £5kg compared to supermarket value chicken at about £6.50kg (containing who knows what).
the address is www.indoorbullringmarket.co.uk its a bit basic at the moe , but im updating it all the time and we needed something quick.

lizzlunney

« Reply #166 on: March 07, 2016, 05:12:06 PM »
Phil http://www.birminghamforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=618

How do I contact you directly? I wanted to ask about use of your photos for research I'm conducting about the King Kong statue you mention in this thread on page 2. Is it possible to talk to you about this via email?

Mine is sushimonsters at gmail dot com, if you could get in touch that would be great.

Apologies for posting this here, I am new to the forum.

Many thanks.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #167 on: March 07, 2016, 05:30:16 PM »
Hi Lizz

Welcome to the forum

I have sent you an email.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

pat11

« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2016, 12:19:56 AM »
I remember when the whale came to Birmingham.  One of the places it was exhibited was Sherlock Street on waste land.
They erected a tent and inside was this shabby looking whale, you were charged a small entrance fee and filed past.  I was about 10 or so and remember thinking that his teeth didn't look real.
Kindness is the best feature

Toni1962

« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2018, 03:20:56 PM »
Percy Moseley the fruit n veg seller.
My grandad.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2018, 04:41:53 PM »

has I remember the bull ring

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

sailor

« Reply #171 on: July 30, 2019, 06:01:55 PM »
In the 50s the Escape Artists name was Johnny Eagles. He performed outside the (Bombed out) Fish Market in the Bull Ring.

mike mancott

« Reply #172 on: July 30, 2019, 07:38:59 PM »
I remember him well, chained up. Didn`t know his name. Thanks.

sailor

« Reply #173 on: July 30, 2019, 09:49:09 PM »
Johnny Eagles.....Bald Headed ...very stockily built.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2019, 11:25:58 PM »
Sunday nights,arguing with the men on the Soapboxes about religion O0
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

mike mancott

« Reply #175 on: July 31, 2019, 08:53:12 AM »
Yes, remember the chaps on soap boxes well, some spouted rubbish, some were quite interesting, all entertaining last thing Sunday before the grind started next day.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy