Author Topic: the last chance cafe in aston  (Read 6925 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: the last chance café in aston
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 02:12:04 PM »
Well Malc & Roy,

As the title of this thread is "the Last Chance Café in Aston"and reply no 2 shows of photo of the café that went by that name I assumed that was the café that ultraphil was referring to. Here is a better copy of the photo of that establishment.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cocacolakid

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 03:14:36 PM »
Well Malc & Roy,

As the title of this thread is "the Last Chance Café in Aston"and reply no 2 shows of photo of the café that went by that name I assumed that was the café that ultraphil was referring to. Here is a better copy of the photo of that establishment.

Apologies Phil,  I was  just trying to help Roy, by confirming that the picture was of Smokey Joes, as Smokey Joes was mentioned in connection with the Last Chance Cafe.  After re reading the article I see it was not yourself that was asking, my mistake.    :tickedoff:

Malc.
Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: the last chance cafe in aston
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 03:24:10 PM »
I spent a lot of time in the last chance and also Smokey's in northfield I some times got a lift from the last chance to smokey
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

page

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 10:57:07 PM »
Hi ultraphil,

I hope somebody will put me right, but I don't think The Last Chance café on the corner of Lichfield Rd & Waterworks St was named as that until after the M6 interchange (Spaghetti Junction) was built as it was the last chance to get a cup of tea and a bite to eat before the motorway.
Hi i  used to go to the Last Chance cafe a lot it was called by that name before the M6 interchange was built, a lot of the bikers went there.

ultraphil

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 11:14:09 PM »
Thanks Guys -  so it was the one at the corner!  Something to show the Grandkids!

trapio

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 11:20:05 PM »
Hi u/phil,

There was one in Aldershot (HQ town of British army around that time) - ask them?

trapio
Integrity is non negotiable

ultraphil

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 11:34:36 PM »
Aldershot makes more sense.  Unfortunately they have both passed on now.  I just thought of it last night whilst reading "Reach for the Sky" by Douglas Bader.

trapio

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 12:22:21 AM »
u/phil,

Yes, it may have been Aldershot - but I 'know' I saw others too - Aldershot only sticks in mind as I saw it more than once
Integrity is non negotiable

Boz

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 09:43:14 AM »
Well Malc & Roy,

I used to work at Emery Brothers across the road from Last Chance. You can just see the factory on the left of the photograph.

willy g

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2013, 04:54:38 PM »
any body remember the last chance cafe it was an all night cafe for the lorry drivers i spent a bit of time in there on the weekend after being in town on a night out it seem that all the groups used that place after a gig   the brum beats Ozzy Osbourne Roy wood to name but a few and some nights i would get a lift up to smoky Joes in northfield that was an all night cafe to i used to play the pinball  and win fags now and then the 5 in a line

mw0njm

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2019, 04:56:00 PM »
Well Malc & Roy,

last chance were was it i cant remember phil

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy