Author Topic: MOSELEY  (Read 70958 times)

JudithM

Re: MOSELEY
« Reply #209 on: November 27, 2018, 01:09:50 PM »
Judith,Architecture went out of the window in Bham in the late 50s.Ilove it but hate some of the Monstrositys they now call beautiful buildings .
It's not just the visual aspect either.  Some of the buildings don't last too long structurally wise either (or else look horrendous quickly after they've been subjected to a bit of rain & air pollution).  It's not like in the Victorian era when things were almost over engineered and built to last - and made to be aesthetically pleasing.

The station buildings that are proposed for this route look a lot like the one at Longbridge (which is also scheduled for a refurbishment).  They certainly aren't individualistic buildings intended to fit in with what's around them. 
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #210 on: November 27, 2018, 01:51:39 PM »
Three images of what Moseley Station looked like originally, one of what it looks like now and lastly what they are proposing. Well I know which view I prefer
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

JudithM

« Reply #211 on: November 29, 2018, 01:54:02 PM »
Three images of what Moseley Station looked like originally, one of what it looks like now and lastly what they are proposing. Well I know which view I prefer

Hmmm, let me guess?  ;D

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #212 on: November 29, 2018, 02:18:16 PM »
Judith

Do you see the third photo down dated 1908 showing the wooden built bridge that Woodbridge Road gets it's name from.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

JudithM

« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2018, 12:55:45 PM »

Do you see the third photo down dated 1908 showing the wooden built bridge that Woodbridge Road gets it's name from.

Ah, I did see it but didn't know where that was where the name came from.  I do enjoy finding out these things  :)

Christine Panting

Moseley College for a Ladies
« Reply #214 on: July 05, 2021, 09:09:15 PM »

Phil, this post might be better off in the 'MOSELEY' thread, as Moseley College stood at the south-west corner of the Yardley Wood Road / Wake Green Road junction.     However, as I went to Moseley Grammar School in the 50's and 60's (about a quarter-of-a-mile up the road) I can reminisce a little with JOANIDA about this little-mentioned college.     

I used to admire your successors on a regular basis on my way to and from school (and I wasn't the only one! ;D )   -   were your school colours dark blue and yellow (or was that Moseley School of Art)?     I never knew any of the girls who went there, unfortunately, and I think yours is the first-ever query I've ever seen on the 'net concerning the college.      It always seemed to be a thriving institution, packed with pupils, and I was very surprised when it closed down.     I can't remember what the school buildings looked like so I've no idea if they're still there today.     Sorry I can't be of more help. :-[

Christine Panting

« Reply #215 on: July 05, 2021, 09:11:08 PM »
I went to Moseley College from 1959-1961. Absolutely brilliant school. Only person I remember is a girl called Mary Atkinson !

Phil Davidson

« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2022, 11:37:53 AM »
Thanks so much for that Tramp
I HAVE BEEN AWOL FOR A VERY LONG TIME. I WAS JUST SEARCHING FOR STUFF ON THE WEB, AND I CAME ACROSS REFERENCES TO MORRIS BUTCHER'S ON LADYPOOL ROAD. I AM FAIRLY SURE THAT THE DAUGHTER WAS PAMELA, AND THAT SHE MARRIED A LAD, NAMED ALAN, FROM THE TOP OF OMBERSLEY ROAD

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy