Author Topic: Any fit birds on this site or is it all old people and that?  (Read 9358 times)

Langstraat

Re: Any fit birds on this site or is it all old people and that?
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2006, 10:00:11 PM »
Kayt,

Do you mean physical or mental age I fear there could be difference in the figures.
I'm sure that if Ace were to post his picture, there would be a bigger response from those who would fall into the fit category

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

Kayt

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2006, 10:05:27 PM »
I'm sure they would come running! And I wonder what's classed as "old" anyway?

Jacqueline

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2006, 11:28:27 PM »
So Ace was not interested in photo's of women in their 40's [well was when taken] or a 28 and 21 year old. HAS HE LEFT SCHOOL YET? :o

Perhaps he wants the feathered type. I could take a piccy of my cockatiel. ;D

Langstraat

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2006, 11:39:01 PM »
Maybe he's the type who likes a Cockatwo??
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

Graham

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 11:47:23 PM »
Jacqueline, I did post ACE a link on the first page of this thread:- http://home.hetnet.nl/~gerard.vander.linde/  I hope that he doesn't post his photo, I've just had my dinner.

That photo of hubby, is he holding a carp? My first abode in Belgium, 1967, was on a lake and a fisherman landed a carp in my garden and it was a new Belgian record! Don't ask me how much it weighed, I can't remember. I used to climb in a tree overhanging the lake and watch the carp playing in the Sun. I could watch pike too, they kept very still in the water waiting for a fish to swim by, then they would strike.

Jacqueline

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2006, 12:59:46 AM »
Dave never weighs his fish. Took him and his mate ages to work out the digital camera. ;D

Aww he longs for a house with a fishing pool. O'h well we can wish. ???

Graham

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2006, 02:07:25 PM »
When I first moved to Belgium I was living in a hotel and needed somewhere to live, quick. This was in 1967 and rent was so cheap here.

The first place I looked at was an old farm house compleat with fields, orchard and a fireplace that you could sit in for the winter, rent £1,50 a month! The next place I really liked and said YES! even before I knew how much it was going to cost me. A Summer chalet in a nature reserve that had once belonged to a Baron, compleat with three huge lakes and woods on the other side of the lake.I built some steps leading down into lake from my garden so that we could go boating or swimming. Rent £7,50 a month!

After I had stopped cycling I took over a pub in a nearby village. Dreams were cheap and we lived them. I now live in a four bedroom bungalow built some 30 years ago by the firm I worked for. It is worth now about £50 000, for the same thing in Brum you would pay at least 5 times that, maybe more.

Two years ago I was standing outside an estate agents in Acocks Green, looking at the photos in the window. I couldn't help myself, I burst out laughing in the street. They had an end house for sale in a row, built in the 50's two up two down with loft conversion, no garage and not much garden. They were asking £500 000. That would have been a good cure for Ann W mom's homesickness for Brum.

Jacqueline

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »
Graham you would not get an outside [censored] house for 50k in brum these days, ::)

Langstraat

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2006, 08:48:44 PM »
Graham,

"I now live in a four bedroom bungalow built some 30 years ago by the firm I worked for. It is worth now about £50 000, for the same thing in Brum you would pay at least 5 times that, maybe more"
You're a little bit out with your estimate. I'd guess a bungalow of that description would start at £500,000 rising to about £900,000 in Four Oaks. Maybe others in touch with local papers could advise more correctly.

Graham

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2006, 09:05:11 PM »
Langstraat, you may be right I am right out of touch, I just know that the price of housing has gone out of all proportion in the UK. There is loads of land in the UK, much more than in Belgium or Holland. The government in the UK should be doing something about the housing problem and give young people a chance in life, now they are just crippling everyone. No wonder that people walk around with a sour face looking as if they want a fight. This can't go on, something's got to give.

bostingayeit

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2006, 02:48:50 PM »
Sounds like a cue for a song;

ALTOGETHER NOW

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy