Author Topic: does anyone know if a can buy a Birmingham mail year book for 1949?  (Read 921 times)

kj1

can anyone help?

its my dads 60th birthday soon and i want to get him something he would enjoy. i have seen online that you can buy personalised year books. however the only one i can find is for the times and my dad has been born and bread from brum so it would be good if i could get hold of a birmingham specific book.

any help much appreciated

thanks

denise

Re: does anyone know if a can buy a Birmingham mail year book for 1949?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 10:06:19 PM »
Hello kj1.

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry can't help you.Did google but can't see anything.

You may be able to get a copy of a newspaper of the day he was born :)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: does anyone know if a can buy a Birmingham mail year book for 1949?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 12:11:32 PM »
Hi kj1

Welcome to the forum, getting hold of a copy of the Birmingham Post & Mail yearbook for a specific year might be a little harder than what you may think. Try local Birmingham second hand bookshops, after that try the major bookshops, ask if they have a facility for ordering reprints or similar.

If that doesn't achieve a result, you can try Birmingham Central Library, local studies dept. They will have a copy you can study, they will even photocopy sections of it for you for a fee.

You can also buy books by local authors like Carl Chinn and Alton Douglas and other lesser known authors that have a wealth of information from 60 years back.

And finally you can fall back on telling us a little more information about your father, its surprising the information about times and places that can be wheedled out of the contributors to this forum.

Phil

Your last resort, is tell us a bit about
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy