Author Topic: Hawley's Bakery  (Read 25011 times)

cocacolakid

Re: Hawley's Bakery
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2020, 04:43:36 PM »

I remember the bakery, I lived in Balsall Heath.  However, I remember Mike Hawley more as a motor  racing driver, as I was involved with the sport.
                                                                                                   Malc.
Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

NickiR

« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2020, 03:51:51 PM »
Hi, my husband and other members of his family used to work in the bakery. Dick Roberts. Does anyone remember him and his family please . His dad name was Alf and his brothers were Les, Alan and Johhny 🤔🤔🤔

Brindle

« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2020, 06:41:27 PM »
My father worked as a delivery driver for Hawleys. His name was Harry Brindle. He used to take me out on his rounds. Probably around 1956.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2020, 07:39:34 PM »

Have just come across this page, and remember some of the people who have posted.  My late husband was Mike Hawley, and yes it was a sad day indeed when Grand Met closed the bakeries.  We never really got to the bottom of the decision as the bakeries were flourishing.  Have many good memories of the old days.Jan Hawley

I have many memories of mike hawley I worked there in the early 60s and looked after me I loved him then and still loved him to this day
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes