Author Topic: Small Heath  (Read 262207 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Small Heath
« Reply #517 on: May 18, 2016, 01:32:52 PM »
Hi cmac

I'm afraid that good photos of St Andrews Road are not very thick on the ground, I've scraped up what I can. The first one being St Andrews Church for which the road was named I suppose. Then we have Keegans shop at number 204, then a back court being demolished sometime in the 70's I would imagine and finally the junction of Watery Lane. If I come across any more I will post them for you.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cmac

« Reply #518 on: May 18, 2016, 10:37:58 PM »
Hi Phil
Thanks so much for finding these photos. I was christened in St Andrews church and I well remember Keegan's shop. The other two photos I am not really familiar with. But I'll keep hoping you find more!

frederick

« Reply #519 on: July 06, 2016, 09:51:39 AM »
In the news today. Small Heath park is an open air Mosque with the 200,000 thousand Birmingham Muslims attending       ???      It's the end of Ramadan........hope the rain keep off for them.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #520 on: July 09, 2016, 10:54:16 AM »
hi all iv added a bit of colour to st Andrews church
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Don Hoccom

« Reply #521 on: October 04, 2016, 09:54:12 PM »
hi all iv added a bit of colour to st Andrews church
I have some photos of the inside of the church, when my parents were caretakers of the church. I will sort them out and post them soon.

GardenGerald

« Reply #522 on: October 04, 2016, 10:03:08 PM »
In the news today. Small Heath park is an open air Mosque with the 200,000 thousand Birmingham Muslims attending       ???      It's the end of Ramadan........hope the rain keep off for them.

Hello Fred
The last time I went into Small Heath Park, a few years ago. A large number of our friends started to close in on me so I made
 a qucik exit.
Take care...Gerld.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #523 on: October 04, 2016, 10:32:55 PM »
Hello Fred
The last time I went into Small Heath Park, a few years ago. A large number of our friends started to close in on me so I made
 a qucik exit.
Take care...Gerld.

Who exactly are our friends? If they were friends why make a quick exit?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

RoyMcC

« Reply #524 on: October 05, 2016, 07:45:38 AM »
I was back in Brum for a brief visit recently, staying in Sheldon. I drove up to the Blues ground to buy a couple of match tickets, using the old Cov Road through Small Heath. I have to say I love the vibrancy of the district these days. The bypass has allowed a great 'village' feel to develop. It feels like every country under the sun is represented there.

No doubt it's not to the liking of some but it is a brilliant contrast to the staid, respectable and pretty boring outer city suburbs.

A shame that the Blues can't capture a few more local residents to prop up their attendances, but it seems that ain't going to happen.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #525 on: October 05, 2016, 08:17:45 AM »
small heath park seems a good place to hold a meeting  you would be hard pressed to find a building in small heath to house them all and parks are to be used by folk

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

GardenGerald

« Reply #526 on: October 05, 2016, 10:10:57 AM »
Who exactly are our friends? If they were friends why make a quick exit?
Morning Phil
We have to be very careful in what we say nowadays.. I am sure you are an inteligent person and you do know what I mean. It was a frightening situation and it was made very clear to me I was not welcome in the park.
Gerald... Garden Gerald.

frederick

« Reply #527 on: October 05, 2016, 10:40:36 AM »
I think that in the future they will have to do that sort of thing using more than the grounds of one park. They will need many more parks to accommodate their growing population.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy