Author Topic: Small Heath  (Read 262263 times)

countrylad

Re: Small Heath
« Reply #550 on: June 06, 2017, 01:34:09 PM »
Phil, thanks for posting the photos of the police stations either end Garrison Lane.

I did say in my post #533 that the last grocery shop was about to be demolished during my time in the area. I remember them running the stock down. I have looked on Google Earth and it looks like it survived - next to the Garrison Pub. On the other hand though, the petrol garage is now a hand car wash.

[size=78%]
[/size]
[size=78%] [/size]

townie

« Reply #551 on: June 06, 2017, 09:47:18 PM »

As I said, I can find no record of a police station on Garrison Lane, so obviously common sense dictates that of the two named Nechells Green must be the favourite.

Can you please explain how someone who has no records and goes off captions of photos,and only information off the internet has obviously no common sense how to compare.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #552 on: June 06, 2017, 10:02:01 PM »

Can you please explain how someone who has no records and goes off captions of photos,and only information off the internet has obviously no common sense how to compare.

The obvious way ahead would be to acquire some way of referencing the data required either by purchasing it or using the public library reference department. Or you can do what you do now and ask somebody to research it for you, but you either have to accept what they say including the possibility that they could be wrong or else the alternative is to go back to the first option.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #553 on: June 06, 2017, 10:17:32 PM »

The obvious way ahead would be to acquire some way of referencing the data required either by purchasing it or using the public library reference department. Or you can do what you do now and ask somebody to research it for you, but you either have to accept what they say including the possibility that they could be wrong or else the alternative is to go back to the first option.

Some people do not have the expenses to acquire all the information that you suggest  The photo came from Birmingham ,Library's. So your saying Birmingham Library's. are wrong. 

mikejee

« Reply #554 on: June 06, 2017, 10:26:23 PM »
I thought this thread was supposed to be about Smallheath

townie

« Reply #555 on: June 06, 2017, 10:30:21 PM »
That's exactly what its about Mike.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #556 on: June 06, 2017, 10:31:40 PM »
Mike you are quite right and I apologise for allowing myself to be dragged off topic.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #557 on: June 06, 2017, 10:43:27 PM »
Why is this off topic, your recourses says Nechlles Park Road, Birmingham Libraries.says Small heath 

Mickchadwick

« Reply #558 on: September 15, 2017, 08:06:24 PM »
I used to live at 10/418 Richmond terrace from 1949 till 1961 till i moved to Morecambe aged12

Tubbyhubbie

« Reply #559 on: November 20, 2017, 06:03:12 PM »
Hello everyone
This is also my fist post 6th try, I am Stanley Thompson and lived at 315 Bolton road and went to Jenkins street and Oakley road schools 1968, I believe I know Geoff we were in the same class for 4 years at Oakley, I have sent him an email and await an answer. This site is awsome and love it, if anyone recognises me please get in touch it would be crazy to hear from you after such a long time.
Knd regards
Stanley

Hi Stanley

If you have a younger brother called David i believe i knew your family we lived in Bolton Road at the same time as you
You may or may not remember the Rose family

Regards

Tubbyhubbie

Hughessailorsreturn

« Reply #560 on: April 18, 2019, 10:39:07 AM »
Hey mate , I am the nephew of Shan Hughes and the grandson of Peter and Joan Hughes who ran the sailors return. Would love to hear from you ...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy