Author Topic: Why do only the English believe in ghosts?  (Read 1215 times)

Graham

Why do only the English believe in ghosts?
« on: September 24, 2006, 08:43:52 PM »
I was brought up in England and have traveled around a bit since then, but nowhere seems to believe more in ghosts than the English do. There may be some primitive tribes that also do but it seems strange that modern cultivated people in the UK still believe in ghosts.  :o Why is that?

Graham.

john2000

Re: Why do only the English believe in ghosts?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 10:35:24 PM »
Very True Graham, its only the English that hear things that go bump in the night, or the bus that should'nt be there beacuse the road was taken up years ago, or the little shop that people go to and when they come out wonder why the shop was full of things from years ago, and they go back again to the same spot, and theres nothing like the shop they where in before, the only thing I remember was the bombed collage on the Pershore Rd, by Calthorpe park, where three of us went to get the apples at the back, well I was up in the tree getting the apples, and my ( so called mates ) where at the bottom catching the apples that I droped to them, one said, "some ones coming "and one ran off, the other was just standing there, not moving, but just looking at the collage, he screamed and ran off, while I was up the tree, I sat there for a while before I came down looking to see if there was anyone there, anyway later I went to see the guy who stayed at the bottom of the tree, his mom said, he was sick very sick, after a week I went to see him, and his hair had turned white on one side, and hes never said what he saw in the collage, but we heard rummers later that they where still finding bodies on the grounds of the collage under the rubble. but my friend saw somthing, the shock had block out what he saw,
I remember a story about a guy walking in France, one afternoon it started to rain he was out in the open, but saw a house across a field. he got there to find it was empty, a small house with two rooms and a hall between them going out the back door,
well, he was in one of the rooms and had lit a fire, and it was still raining hard, so he just sat there, when the back door banged open and he could hear people talking, anyway he got up to see who had come in through the back door, he came into the hall, and there was no one.
he went into the other room which had an old sofa in the corner, but still no one, but then he saw the sofa was wet, and could see that looked as if something had been draged from the back door along the hall into the room where the sofa was, and that was still very wet.
anyway he thought no more about it, the rain stoped so he left the house, and walked down to the village, in the village was the local bar, where he could get a bite to eat, the owner of the cafe was friendly and so they chatted, the guy told the owner about the house, when the owner looked at him and said, yes, thats where a woman fell into a pond at the back of the house and drowned, he was one of the men who had found her dead, they brought back her body through the back door and layed it on the sofa in one of the rooms, but that was over 15 years ago,...........
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Graham

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 08:55:10 AM »
Hi John, thanks for that story I'm sure that other people have their own ghost story to tell.

I don't believe in ghosts or god myself but I have seen "things". Like in my latest ordeal in my fight for life. I wrote of my experiences to a professor of theology at university in the USA, and he said that I had seen my own guardian angel! At the time of writing to him I didn't know that he was a prof, he was just a contact on eBay. You may say that I was hallucinating from the drugs, but I do know the difference. I wonder if anyone else has had this experience? I can't say that it's an experience that I can recommend, as you have to be very near to death and fully conscious.

Another thing, what I saw was in full colour, people that say they have seen a ghost always talk about gray or white figures, obviously influenced by ghost stories or films. The real thing is in full colour and are nothing to do with ghosts.

Graham.

Jacqueline

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 12:42:12 PM »
Hmm,
   During a major operation some years ago i had a dream that i was being chased through a tunnel by a huge rat more like a water hog. I finaly saw a light at the end of the tunnel but never reached it in my dream.

After the op i was told it was touch and go 10 mins before i came round. YOU WORK IT OUT ;D

Another story is that of a friends. Her hubby knew he was about to die from a cancer after asking the gp at the visit to his home. He was given a huge morphine jab for the pain and his wife told me his last words. Ok influenced by drugs. But he was speaking to his mom saying " ok mom will be with you soon" He died soon after.

My thoughts are mixed. I do not believe in god or the bible but am open to re-incarnation.

Graham

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 10:40:19 PM »
It's strange that people that have a near death experience mostly see things that they are afraid of. I however did see a beautiful Pixie lying beside me in intensive care. Seeing it, real or not, calmed me down and saved my life. I told a professor of theology, from an American university what I had seen, and he said that I had seen my own guardian angel. I have no association with Pixies nor am I a believer but I am 100% sure that what I did see saved my life. I still don't know if I am happy to be alive, after being 100% fit and now down to near zero, seems more of a curse than a blessing. I'm afraid that only time will tell why I have survived this all.

Graham.

DLANOD

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 02:25:43 PM »
LOOK  ON  WERD  WILTSHIRE  FORUM  UNDER  GHOSTS  AND  THEN   SPRINGFIELDS  SCHOOL

Langstraat

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 07:25:39 PM »
Donald,
Don't leave us in limbo what are you trying to say?
 :D
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

Graham

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 09:13:24 PM »
I think that Donald means wierd Wiltshire forum http://www.wiltshireforums.co.uk/weirdwilts/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=225

Graham.

Langstraat

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 09:29:47 PM »
Yes Graham,
I viewed that site and read its content. But if Donald suggests we go to that site he needs to explain why and elaborate further. All that you gather from the site is that Donald has posted an inquiry for Tina Leigh unless you wish to surmise he may know more about the ghosts :)
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.