Author Topic: Why do only the English believe in ghosts?  (Read 5899 times)

Sidecarsid

Re: Why do only the English believe in ghosts?
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2019, 10:05:33 AM »
Hi John.
I'm glad that what you have stated enforces my story about the two monks walking past my aunts Cottage who both blessed myself and my cousin.
Also the things I both saw and heard in my French House here in South Western France.
I have also heard stories about the village that the Germans razed to the ground during the war called Oradour Sur Glane. As soon as you walk into this desolate village you can't hear any birds singing, it's deathly quiet.I went there many years ago and everything is as-was when everyone was slaughtered. It most certainly a very emotional place to visit.

Spud

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2019, 10:20:29 AM »
I went to Gallipoli some years ago that has a strange Aura about the place. It almost brings you to tears.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

jillian robinson

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2019, 02:12:03 PM »
Hi Pete Drumm, I am Fred Hodgkins daughter in law Jill,i have been asked to say that Barb & Fred remember you and the good old days at the tavern. they are both still doing well and would love to have a chat with you.Fred remembers you taking him to a hospital when his son Andrew cut his back open,& on the way home you hit the meadway island an done your foot in. hope you are doing well and would love to hear from you. kind regards Jill Hodgkins.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2019, 08:56:40 PM »
Sidecarsid,felt the same when we visited Oradour some years ago.Said to the wife how silent it was no birds whistling and deathly quiet.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Scipio

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2019, 09:15:29 PM »
Hi John.
I'm glad that what you have stated enforces my story about the two monks walking past my aunts Cottage who both blessed myself and my cousin.
Also the things I both saw and heard in my French House here in South Western France.
I have also heard stories about the village that the Germans razed to the ground during the war called Oradour Sur Glane. As soon as you walk into this desolate village you can't hear any birds singing, it's deathly quiet.I went there many years ago and everything is as-was when everyone was slaughtered. It most certainly a very emotional place to visit.

Sidecarsid , just for the record Auschwitz is the same nothing grows nothing sings
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

jillian robinson

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2019, 11:16:48 AM »
hi pete, is there anyway I can contact you privately.this site will not let me message you personally. regards jill.

jillian robinson

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2019, 12:49:14 PM »
Hi pete, thank you for that. When my father in law lived at marston green tavern, he definitely saw ghosts. Others commented that they did too. His son saw one too, sitting at the bottom of his bed!!! He just froze.

Sidecarsid

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2019, 01:29:53 PM »
Hi folks.
I don't think that it's just us, its true to say that the Scots and the  Irish have a large portion of believers and they don't all need to be full of drink, what about the little people, the  leprechauns and the giants Causeway, Fingal's Cave?
An uncle and a good friend of his who were into am drams was an adopted uncle, was in many of these  recorded stories made into films, He was James Devlin, I used to sit on his knee when I was a sprog, he was a very well liked by all of my dad's family and he did very well in the UK theatre's and also on a multitude of TV programs.

jillian robinson

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2019, 01:55:21 PM »
when we lived in shrewsbury, newish house,hubby saw on several occasions a shape of a human. it was looking at him through the window. he said when he looked at it, it disappeared out of sight. now in another house in nuneaton,we have both heard children laughing and sounded like playing in a playground. the thing was it was 3am. we heard this at the same time. we done some research afterwards on house, and many years ago it was an isolation hospital. hubs definitely believes in ghosts,spirits.

jillian robinson

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2019, 02:06:46 PM »
has anyone heard singing coming from the walls in your home. we have, we had not long moved in,when in the early hours, we both woke up at the same time and heard all this soft singing. neither of us were scared,it was quite nice really. it was like a humming.

frederick

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2019, 03:35:57 PM »
Jillian.    O0
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy