Author Topic: Why do only the English believe in ghosts?  (Read 5904 times)

Sidecarsid

Re: Why do only the English believe in ghosts?
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2019, 09:00:51 AM »
Jacquelline,

you are perfectly right. Those types of experiences do certainly do happen. I have read about many peoples experiences while on the operating table.
I had an emergency phone call back in late September 1977 as my farther back in  was at deaths door, I was at Measham Near Ashby  de la Zouch, from Measham to Tamworth I never dropped below 100mph on my bike and from Tamworth down the Mad Mile I was again doing 100mph I finally got to my parents home in just over an hour by this time it was getting on for six in the evening so I went straight up to see my dad, by this time he had been reduced to skin and bone and could hardly speak so I knelt along side his bed holding his hand til an hour later when he died. No sooner had his last gasp left his body I saw his soul leave his body and rise through the ceiling  and disappear. 
That is the Gospel TRUTH.

Spud

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2019, 09:01:57 AM »
I think that the Yanks like a few ghosts otherwise why would they have Ghostbusters   :)
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

baz

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2019, 10:01:42 AM »
I 've never seen a ghost but have had my share of creepy events, so I'm quite prepared to believe in them.
To say that only the English believe in ghosts is clearly not true. Scandinavia and Northern Europe, especially Germany, is stiff, (no joke intended !), with ghost stories.

frederick

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2019, 10:25:17 AM »
Sidecarsid,
Fred Hodgkins is my half brother and as you say he was manager of the Marston Green Tavern.    O0   Not speaking to him today but I am tomorrow I will ask him about that story. He is still with us at 81.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Scipio

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2019, 09:43:13 PM »
I think that the Yanks like a few ghosts otherwise why would they have Ghostbusters   :)

Spud truth be known I think the Yanks are more into ghosts  than the Brits . After all think about Salem and all the people employed to pick the ghosts an witches out
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

frederick

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2019, 10:53:32 AM »
Sideacrsid,
Fred Hodgkins remembers it like yesterday and the trip to Coventry, but he thinks your name was Wilf not Sid. What is your first name so I can tell him.     O0

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2019, 11:59:56 AM »
My daughters a member of a Ghost Hunters Club here in Kent.2 weeks ago spent the night in Dover Castle.Never said they saw or heard anything :-\ :-\
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Sidecarsid

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2019, 09:42:19 AM »
Hi Frederick,
My Name is Pete Drumm or Drummy as I was usually call, I think he will remember this name.
 We had some good times at the Tavern with Fred, when he had his Honda Gold Wing. Sometimes after a stop-over on a Friday night, Barb would do us a cracking fry-up for breakfast. I and many members of the Birmingham Motorcycle Club used to go on the Jumbo run with all the handicapped kids from the Hospital and all the Sidecar clubs who participated to places like Drayton Manor Park, to a big Park in Northampton but can't recall the name.
I do haye to amend a statement I made about a couple who lived on the corner of Holy Lane and Station Road, I said her name was Jullie, I should have stated that it was Judith and her husband Terry.

frederick

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2019, 10:26:49 AM »
Hi Pete,
I will pass your name to him when I speak to him on Monday. He said the motor bikers used to gather there he was one of you he still as a bike in his garage.    O0   He is not able to walk now and uses a mobility scooter to get around.

RoyMcC

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2019, 01:22:52 PM »
I do like a good ghost story though I've never experienced anything personally.

I do a bit of tour guiding here at Mont Orgueil (Gorey Castle) in Jersey. In one of the oldest rooms of the castle, in a dark corner, a ghost boy is said to dwell. I always point this out to the tourists. A couple of weeks ago a visitor took a flash photo which produced a very peculiar result - explainable or not I can't say.

The guardians (caretakers) of the castle no longer bother locking one of the upper rooms in the evening. It is always unlocked by the following morning.

You may have visited Kilmichael Gaol in Dublin - it has a dark and famous history. One time I was lucky enough to catch a tour guided by Micheál (spelt and pronounced the Irish way) who was also the caretaker. At the end of the tour an American asked 'Do you have any ghosts'? Micheál seemed surprised by the question. 'Yes, certainly. Many of them. I say good morning to them when I unlock in the morning, and bid them goodnight as I lock up again. They're very friendly and we get on well.'

frederick

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2019, 01:57:14 PM »
There is said to be a ghost that visits the Feathers Hotel Ludlow. Well with me being brave I sat on the seat in the window where he sits. There was a presents in the room we had with the kettle switching it's self on.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy