Author Topic: keyhill cematry  (Read 3618 times)

henry1863

keyhill cematry
« on: March 01, 2009, 12:54:31 PM »
hilooking for any one who knows any thing about key hill cematry
or 160hockly hill which i have been told was a big posh houes arcross from key hill

i have been told there is a grave stone in the cematry of my uncle [WILLIAM HENRY GREEN [D.O.D.1918  am unably to get there my self due to personal resons
if any one ever gose there can they pleas look it up for me
it would be very greatful of theem if they could he deid 1918 between april dec of that year
kinds regards henry1863

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: keyhill cematry
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 02:38:35 PM »
Hi Henry,

Hello and welcome, for information on Key Hill Cemetery you want this site.

http://www.friendsofkeyhillcemetery.co.uk/

For information on Warstone Lane Cemetery nearby you need to get in touch with Handsworth Cemetery as far as I understand it they handle all enquiries about Warstone Lane.

The House at 160 Hockley Hill, in Kelly's Directory for 1903 it lists Mrs Rebecca Smith Beer retailer. This could mean it was an off license or it was a public house that only sold beers.

In 1916 160 Hockley Hill is listed William Green Hairdresser.

If you can obtain a plot number and plan from either of the above sources, I would be more than willing to go along and take a photo of the plot for you. As for the house on Hockley Hill, I'm afraid that the greater part of it disappeared under the flyover when it was built.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

henry1863

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 04:41:50 PM »
hi phil many thanks for that infor i will try and get the plot number of the gave stone when i do get it will let you know a.s.a.p thanks for that
it as toke me a few years to get this far i missed one of his sons by a year and missed is grandaughter by 3days befor she past away never mind
any thanks for the help regards henry
i was up there last year but went to the wrong site went to the one just off the juwery quaters  nevr mind can yo take a photo of the house or pub what it is now ??

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 05:25:02 PM »
Henry

I think you may have misunderstood me, your uncles house pr business was quite close to Great King St on Hockley Hill.  In the late 60's they demolished some of the property in that area to make way for a new flyover that was needed,  and as there is no listing in my copy of 1973 Kelly's Trade directory.  Its almost certain that your uncles property fell victim to this bit of urban renewal.

If you are able to obtain a plot number and plan, then when I go to get your photo, I will take a look if anything remains of the premises.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

henry1863

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 10:45:53 AM »
hi phil
sorry about that yes by looking at your message agin i reelise what you were saying  pleaes for gave me for mistake i made  regards henry

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 11:34:45 AM »
Henry

Don't worry, I have to read what I have written myself several times before I understand it.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

henry1863

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 05:55:15 PM »
hi phil
i have rang the cemetery to ask for the plot of my grandfather but they have not rang back yet will let you know when they do ok ,
regards anthony

henry1863

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 03:10:19 PM »
hi there phil sorry for the long waite but i have rang the cemetery place in haswoth
cemetery twice now and still have not got back to me they say they will ring me back but havent yet so will be trying again tomorrow  and see what they are up to ok regards henry

henry1863

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 03:04:20 PM »
HI PHILL
I HAVE A ANSWER BACK FROM THE CEMETERY IN WANDSWORTH
BUT THEY SAY THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF HIM IN 1918 THEY HAVE SEARCHED THE RECORDS OF KEY HILL SO AT MOMENT AM STUCKE
AT THIS TIME  ANY WAY MANY THANKS FOR YOYR HELP AND TIME
KINDS REGARDS HENRY 1863

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 07:13:14 PM »
Hi Henry

If your relation was buried there, then they must have records. They are probably just too idle to search. Try the Birmingham History Forum I'm sure someone on there will be able to help.

There are people on there with a lot more experience than I have in searching for ancestors. Its not a thing I am in to, but I am still willings to take a snap of the plot when you locate it. Good luck with your search.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

henry1863

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 07:36:19 PM »
hi phil47
 yes it is a bit naff of them saying they cant find him taking to my cousin who gaves me the infor said they must be blid thats life hay when i do find out will let you know ok regards  henry

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy