Author Topic: Milk Street old flats  (Read 33741 times)

daniel21

Re: Milk Street old flats
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2015, 03:10:17 PM »
Does Charlie ring a bell

Lesley

« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2015, 06:17:08 PM »
Charlie and Lily?

D.G.Sutherland

« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2015, 02:14:21 PM »
Hi. I was born in Fazley St.& started work.at the family garage on the corner of little Anne St & milk st.I have fond memories of the area .& the people My aunt & uncle lived in Trent St.(the Goughs). My father was a Sutherland so am I  can remember the area & people quite vivedly. As it was yesterday.The Gordens  Skinners .Piggots Collins Underhills.Billy Homer to mention just a few

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2015, 04:26:49 PM »
Hi D G Sutherland

Welcome to the forum, we have once or two members that lived in Milk Street, perhaps they might recognise you and make contact.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2015, 04:46:43 PM »
Doing my family tree I have come across my aunty who used to live in Milk Street Name of Chandler anyone remember the family.   
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

mikejee

« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2015, 05:52:09 PM »
At Townie's request, here is map of milk st c 1938

Kathy OHare

« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2015, 10:04:40 PM »
Hi, Re- Milk Street flats. My Grandmother (Annie OHare) owned the corner shop in Milk St and ran it with the help of my uncle Paddy, aunty Mary and aunty Jane. My Dad, Arthur OHare worked at Francis B Wilmotts factory almost opposite. I often used to help out at the shop, making sandwiches and tea for the many factory workers. I lived at 10/22 Allcock St until 1958, when we were rehoused to Bordesley Green. I went to school at St Andrews in Ada St and then Bordesley Green Girls School. My first job was at United Non-Ferrous Metals in Adderley St. I moved away from Birmingham to live in London in 1967 but returned often to visit my family. Since enjoying the Peaky Blinders series, I have been taking an interest in the area again, and plan to do a Peaky Blinders Tour in June. It was so nice to see a photo of my Grans shop posted earlier by Phil, it brought back many happy memories.  Does anyone remember me or have any memories of OHares shop?

Thanks, Kathy OHare

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2015, 10:32:26 AM »
Hi Kathy Welcome to the forum, glad you liked the photo, photos of Milk St are very rare and I have come across very few since I started collecting photos. After saying that, here is another one that I don't think I have posted before.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2015, 10:38:01 AM »
Berniew

I know you haven't been on site in a while, but back when you started this thread in 2009 you mentioned a "Herb Beer Shop" in Digbeth. I recently came across that I'm pretty certain I haven't posted before. Would this be the place you mentioned?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Jacko

« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2015, 10:29:23 PM »
Here are a couple of early pictures, regards, John.

Denise Saul

« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2017, 08:28:20 PM »
Hi my name is Denise, my best friend used to live in Milk Street her name was Marie Turner she had a brother David her mum and Dad was Chris and Les.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy