Author Topic: crime  (Read 3323 times)

john2000

Re: crime
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 02:13:19 PM »
Hi"again, now France, is also a great place to live, but you have leave your Englishness in England, ( like ha, over in England we do it this way), they have a differnent way of thinking, and doing things, so when in Rome, do as the Romans do sort of thing, again the laguage is important, because one day you'll find your self sitting a cafe haveing a quite drink, me, not being married used to look at the girls/ladies, and thinking Mmm, she looks nice I'll give her 6/9 or 3/9,  no woman is worth a 10. and some times you think Mmm, we could make 18 if her heads on straight, there are lots of rules, and papers to fill in.  that will drive you up the wall, but it has tobe done, and then its over, ( for about 5 years) after a time you will get to know the people and  what is more importent ) is they will get to know you, as for work over there, if you have a skill that they need, it helps, they have many national holidays too, about 17 in all plus the main holidays, now depending on where you live, life is slower or faster than you are used to,
if you live in the mountains ( Alps) they speak much slower there, but to the west and the south of France they speak very fast, and then, theres Argo, ( street laguage) every one knows that, the only problem with that is if youre talking to some people and you would like to know them better, you dont speak argo, ramble by with what you know,
but on the whole, France is a great place to live, and life is much slower and because of that, you enjoy life much better, standard of living is much better, but thats up to you to try and get on in life.... ;D
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Jacqueline

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 02:38:46 PM »
Blimey. Am i the only one still in Brum?

Graham

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 08:37:35 PM »
Jacqueline, you may not be the only Brummie left in Brum but you are one of those rare Brummies that live in brum and actually reply to a question.

Graham

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 08:40:54 PM »
John, what are you doing in France, have you moved from the Netherlands? If so I hope that you are situated somewhere nice and not in an English colony.

Graham.

john2000

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 07:33:58 AM »
No Graham, the other way round, when I was living in France, I got a job for a French company that wanted an English/French speaking person for one of their contracts in Africa, ( Cameroon) go the job, later I had to go to Tchad for the same company, came back to France for a holiday, but when I was about to go back there, war had started, ( Tchad) so I could not get back there, well I had another holiday I went up to Holland, liked it so much I stayed here, that was over 20 years ago, and I'm still here, I made Holland my base in Europe, since then I've been to Gabon ( building railways through the jungle, came back to Holland, then was off again to Algeria, building 23 supermarkets in the desert.for a British construction company, I was kept on after the buildings were finished as trouble shooter, ( repairs and maintenance ) out of all the workers on the contract only about 3 could speak passable French, .
I was in Norway, building Disco's for the Eskimos, that was a bloody cold job, -27c.
worked around Europe, and one day went to Iraq, again building houses for the workers on the railway, ( 1000kms ) and that job was bloody hot 45-50+c.
here in Holland I live in a nice area, theres a big forest just down the road, where we have deer and wild pigs, but now I've slowed down, ( getting too old for this game) so I'm retired.and settled in my small village, and enjoying life, ...to the English, Italy,France,Belgium,Holland,Danmark, they are countries far away, but to us living here they are countries that are just 2 hours drive away.
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy