Author Topic: A wonderful Childhood  (Read 13897 times)

Graham

Re: A wonderful Childhood
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 09:38:12 PM »
Hi John,

Just had a look at your profile and see that your email is showing so Langstraat could help you with a mail, that is if you so wish?

See ya, Graham.

Graham

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 09:56:33 PM »
Hi it's me, I have just changed my profile, again as it seems that no one needs my MSN email address at this time. Members can look at my profile and now see my Birmingham Forum email address.

Graham.

john2000

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2006, 10:40:59 AM »
Hi"People, need help, I was born and breed in Balsall Heath, and know almost all the streets and back allies, and  knew a lots of the girls there too, up to the late 60's, my stamping grounds were from the Bristol Rd to Stratford Rd, and from Connon Hill park to Colmore row, thats a lot of ground, but I cant remember where Cheapside was,? I have a feeling it was between Balsall Heath and Digbeth,or in that area, can any one enlighten on where it was ???....... a man from a other time . ;D
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Jacqueline

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2006, 09:22:47 AM »
Great to see you back Graham. Hope you remain in good health in the future.

John Cheapside runs off the Moseley Road down to the markets area between digbeth and Moseley Street area's.

john2000

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2006, 10:48:28 AM »
Old bikers dont die...... they just smell that way, nice to see you back Graham, you'll have to come up to the North of Holland theses no hills for you to worry about. ;D

Graham

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2006, 02:09:13 PM »
Thank you all again for your well wishes. As they say in Flemish "onkruid vergaat niet", roughly translated it means "you can't eradicate vermin", certainly not Brummie vermin  ;D. I'm sure there is a similar saying in English but I can't remember it. As John rightly says, OLD? bikers never die, they just smell a bit while they are decaying away. There are no hills in this part of Flanders either John.

Graham.

Jacqueline

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 01:11:45 PM »
So you are old bikers? I married an old biker. No sorry he was not old when i married him but he is a redundant hells angel now. ;D

john2000

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2006, 03:43:23 PM »
Jacquline, and I bet your oldman used to go to Digbeth, ( Double zeros ) like me, does he remember when we used to hang out at that snack bar across from the hotel in the city centre, ( they built a bloody big office block there now,) and the only time we could race was when we where taking blood from one hospital to another, I bet he can remember the chicken runs up and down the smallbrook ringway, around the roundbout, then back down again, into the arms of the police who where waiting for us, happy days.......... ;D

Graham

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2006, 07:40:16 PM »
Jacqueline, on my wifes side (not mine of course) we had Hell's Angels from Ghent in the family :-[. They used to ride to Amsterdam and come back with twice as many bikes than what they went with! They often asked me if I would like a new (motor) bike but I would have nothing to do with it. Sometimes they came to visit us and our street was full of bikes. They would leave at about 2 a.m. and we asked them not to wake the neighbourhood. They pushed their bikes to the end of the street before firing up, even though I don't think that anyone would dare to complain! They were just a bunch of soft pussy cats at heart, all dead and buried now, "live hard and die young"!

Langstraat

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 11:57:25 AM »
Graham,

I read with interest the escapades of your local Hell's Angels. It reminded me of an incident which happened to a work colleague a few years ago. Amanda and her boyfriend Jason planned to ride the Nurnberg Ring circuit and set off from Wakefield catching the Hull to Hook of Holland ferry on their Motor bikes. They arrived in Holland the following morning and rode to Amsterdam for an overnight stop before continuing; during that night Jason's Yamaha R6 was stolen. They continued the next day to the circuit and took turns on Amada's Honda Hornet. It never occurred to them that organised gangs were responsible for this sort of activity. It took several months to sort out the police and insurance details. The Police attitude was that this sort of thing happened quite often.
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

Graham

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 01:33:24 PM »
Langstraat, the period I was talking about is more than 30 years ago now, but I guess this sort of practice still goes on today. I can well understand the police attitude, In 1968 I had all my belongings stolen in Turin and the police there were not really interested as it happened every minute of the day.

Graham.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy