Author Topic: A wonderful Childhood  (Read 13907 times)

Langstraat

Re: A wonderful Childhood
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2006, 11:33:12 PM »
Jackie,

Like you I also have a fixation towards a certain back end (not of a Lotus variety) and like you winning the lottery would certainly help in achieving that dream.   ;) ;) ;) ;)
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

Langstraat

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2006, 11:50:09 PM »
John,

My CEO races cars in 24 hour events, he has a Porsche 911 and two track prepared GT3's his daily use car until recently was a Porsche Cayanne. He had nothing but trouble with it mechanical and electrical problems dogged it from the day he took delivery. The last straw was a faulty steering pump. He took it back to the main dealer and demanded that they fixed it while he waited; which they dually did. Whist waiting he walked across the road to the Bentley Dealer he had purchased a top range limo from during the summer for our Chairman. They made him most welcome, gave him a coffee before asking him to step into their service department to see a car that had been returned to them because their customer had changed his mind after 300 miles and a wait of 6 months for delivery. Bill bought the car on the spot, fully fitted with every conceivable extra. He drove back across the road to Porsche and told them to take as much time as they liked in fixing the steering pump and asked them to send on its value after they had sold it. He drove home in a Black Bentley Continental; as they say in Punch and Judy shows "That's the way to do it"
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

Langstraat

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2006, 12:59:21 AM »
Graham,

I've found a Toyota Odyssey for you

john2000

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2006, 09:49:26 AM »
Langstraat, its true, you dont always get what you pay for,a guy I knew, bought a Porsche for his wife, and it was beautiful to look at, the dealer kept saying how good the resale was of this car, so he bought it, 3 days later  the engine packed up on them while on the motorway, OK it happens, took it back to the garage it was repaired, week later in died on them again, so it was put in the garage again, but they where fed up with a car that always had to be in  the workshop,
in the end the guy took the car back to the garage, knowing it will be sold quick because of the high resale, ( wrong) the same sales person who had sold the car to him, offerd him a very low price, saying "we cant sell theses cars, people dont want them", well he almost gave it away, but he got rid of it, and he was happy, his wife not , but thats life,.
And the car was put up for sale at the garage for almost the same price the guy had paid for it,
and with the new laws that are coming into the uk, I think its best to buy a bike, ( but then they will find a way to get more money from you )........................... ;D
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Graham

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2006, 09:50:45 PM »
Sorry Langstraat I had the wrong model in my head, I no longer wish to have a camper vehicle, must be the old age quoting the wrong model. I had something more like the Landcruiser in mind.

http://www.forbesautos.com/research/photos/2006/toyota/land_cruiser/

Langstraat

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2006, 11:21:21 PM »
Graham,

Very nice choice, that's the one that replaced Land Rover in Australia.
Best of luck.

Langstraat

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2006, 10:45:21 AM »
I was invited to my grandson's bonfire party on Sunday night. 4 lads from 2-7 I thought it would be nice to take some fireworks with me so popped into Asda late in the afternoon and bought what I thought was a good selection box. It was £29.99 a reasonable price or so I thought. I topped it up with a pack of rockets @ £9.99 and was pleased when I was told it was 'buy one get one free'. I couldn't resist checking the selection box out when I got back to the car and to my horror found it was a single firework with 48 actions. Now not wanting to disappoint the lads I found another outlet and bought a proper selection box £39.99. It was so big I had to drop the back seat down to get it in the boot. Think I went a bit over the top. The fireworks were too large to let off in their small garden so tonight we had another party at my house. I'm not sure how many fireworks we had but it lasted almost twenty five minutes. It was great, the evening was clear and a  little warmer than on Sunday with an almost full moon again. I normally travel down to Corby for their firework display but missed it this year so the money saved in petrol went up in smoke via my back garden. We had baked potatoes, chestnuts and parkin. All traditional stuff which everyone enjoyed. a splendid evening celebrating a British tradition; bloody great.

Almogiajan

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2018, 04:32:47 PM »
David shields am I right? I too went to Gorse farm. We were in the same class. Do you remember Sally Anne and Anita in the Ugly Duckling?  So many years ago. I lived in Gorse Farm Road.   Be lovely to cAtch up with everyone.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2018, 04:50:38 PM »
David shields am I right? I too went to Gorse farm. We were in the same class. Do you remember Sally Anne and Anita in the Ugly Duckling?  So many years ago. I lived in Gorse Farm Road.   Be lovely to cAtch up with everyone.

Sorry Almogiajan, but Langstraat is no longer a member of this forum, but thats no reason why you shouldn't enjoy the benefits of the forum.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Almogiajan

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2018, 04:57:12 PM »
I did note that his post was 2006. Hopefully there will be other people who went to Gorse Farm School.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy