Author Topic: Are Brummies the rudest people in the UK?  (Read 9542 times)

john2000

Re: Are Brummies the rudest people in the UK?
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 10:12:27 PM »
Rude old people, oh I've had my share of them, when you're at the airport wait in line to get your ticket stamped and your boarding pass, who comes pushing up to the front but some bad mannered old lady to ask if they had the right line,  then they put their ticket out for the person to stamp it, while the rest of us just stand there like idiots, and when you say, wait your turn like the rest of use. the looks from the other people well if looks could kill, I'd be dead. I tell them, "well I hope the plane is full, and its your seat she's taken" believe me some of theses old biddies are down right bloody rude,......... >:(
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Graham

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 07:05:23 PM »
Just last week I found a "missing" relative from Birmingham, he now lives in Wales, and I invited him to look at/join in on the BF. Very funny that he had an email from Brum this week, that he sent on to me, this it part of it:-

"hi
mail on sunday 7/1/07
not such a happy new year, after all
January 1st started off fresh and bright and i felt quite cheerful as i took
an early-morning stroll to the newsagents.
i encountered several people and smiling,wished them a happy new year.
to my disappointment,only three bothered to respond-the rest either ignored
me or stared as if i were a lunatic.
but at least i saw three faces brighten fro a moment or so."

So if at first you don't succeed....

jobee

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2007, 08:31:57 PM »
We have had many light hearted subjects on this forum so this might make a change, certainly something has to be said or done about the alleged problem.

Several weeks ago now I saw an item on BBC Breakfast news that struck a chord by me, that "the people of Birmingham are the rudest in the UK". They didn't give much explanation as to how they arrived at this conclusion but I have personally experienced this myself. On my last few visits to Brum I've noticed that Brummies on the street don't look at each other. Would it be too much to smile or give a nod to each other in the street? Everyone seems to walk around with a sour face and ready for a fight! Do you have any experiences on this matter, good or bad?

This tide could and should be turned if we all do our best, a start could be by acknowledging one another in the street. Have you any other suggestons as to how we can be more polite to each other? A smile or a nod doesn't cost anything, or am I wrong?

stop worrying--just read the adverts-there [censored] as well

Graham

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 09:49:52 PM »
We have had many light hearted subjects on this forum so this might make a change, certainly something has to be said or done about the alleged problem.

Several weeks ago now I saw an item on BBC Breakfast news that struck a chord by me, that "the people of Birmingham are the rudest in the UK". They didn't give much explanation as to how they arrived at this conclusion but I have personally experienced this myself. On my last few visits to Brum I've noticed that Brummies on the street don't look at each other. Would it be too much to smile or give a nod to each other in the street? Everyone seems to walk around with a sour face and ready for a fight! Do you have any experiences on this matter, good or bad?

This tide could and should be turned if we all do our best, a start could be by acknowledging one another in the street. Have you any other suggestons as to how we can be more polite to each other? A smile or a nod doesn't cost anything, or am I wrong?

Jobee, this is what I submitted, I don't know where you got the bottom line from about 'adverts' it's not mine. ??? Take a look?

Bootneck

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2007, 06:21:44 PM »
I cannot believe that every Brummie is a rude person, just how did the BBC carry out their research, I would say that most big cities are the same, people do not have time for one another.
In the village where I live by far the majority say hello or good day, when going anywhere you have to add on the time it takes when most people want to stop and chat, what a wonderful life it is.
Regards

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy