Author Topic: A magical area  (Read 25367 times)

Robertsonb

Cliff Peters
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2019, 06:27:48 PM »
Interested to read this. I got into racing cycling via my dad’s Uncle, Cliff Peters, who supplied my frames and built my wheels. He has a shop in Birmingham.
Used to always meet up with him on the Milk Race

Also have some of his shoe plates !

Best

Edmund Fifield

Re: A magical area
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2019, 10:00:56 AM »
Anybody remember the cycle shop on the Lichfield rd between Gosta Green and the Dartmouth Traffic lights.it was on the Left hand side
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

[email protected]

« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2020, 02:45:07 PM »
Hi Edmund the cycle shop was called Wilsons went there many times when Cliff Peters shop closed in wheeler street Lozells.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2020, 03:03:58 PM »
Hi John welcome to the Forum.Many thanks for your post.I bought my first bike from Wilsons in 1955 after starting work at Marsh & Baxters.He let me pay for it weekly 5 shillings a week.It was a Carlton Continental with BerBot handlebars and Campag gears.What a great bike took me all around Scotland & Wales and most of England when I was young and a Trainspotter .Again many thanks.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

[email protected]

« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2020, 03:38:15 PM »
hi edmund thanks for your response didnt know wilsons was that long even though it was within four miles of wgere i lived i handsworth.

what happened to cliff peters when he closed his shop in wheeler street lozells, somebody said he moved to north of the city Northfield but i could never find it.

Spud

« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2020, 03:42:09 PM »
hi edmund thanks for your response didnt know wilsons was that long even though it was within four miles of wgere i lived i handsworth.

what happened to cliff peters when he closed his shop in wheeler street lozells, somebody said he moved to north of the city Northfield but i could never find it.

I think it best you do not include your Email address on an open Forum such as this you may well be inundated with unwanted Emails. Not a criticism just a word of advice
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy