Author Topic: Well here goes.  (Read 1614 times)

Langstraat

Well here goes.
« on: October 28, 2006, 10:03:08 AM »
For several years I've written lengthy e-mails/stories to various friends. I've usually kept copies, well after spending so much time it seemed silly not to. I've recently started a 'Blog' where the collection of these are kept. Those of you who are a members of the 'other' Birmingham site may have already read them. I take this opportunity to enclose a link which should open a story I wrote about working at WeatherOak Press in Lower Essex Street many years ago. I hope it amuses and provides a little social history to my time in Brum.

http://web.mac.com/langstraat1/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

dearbarbie

Re: Well here goes.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 02:11:49 PM »
Ooh I'll have a look - my blog link is in my signature but it's probably nowhere near as interesting!!

Langstraat

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 02:22:37 PM »
Dear Barbie,

What a cracking blog.
I've only briefly looked at it but will check it out thoroughly tonight when I'm home.
At present I've not fully published my own Blog but if there's interest in the stuff I write I may follow up with others.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

dearbarbie

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 02:27:22 PM »
Ha - thanks - it's not much in content really!!

It started when I lived in China and I'd put up anecdotes and stuff to save on so many emails and it was a place to store my photos, and now I've moved to Birmingham from Leeds and just kept it up. I try to make it a photoblog more than anything, with the odd photography tip and such, and stuff about where I discover in old' Brum!!

Langstraat

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 02:37:24 PM »
I'm sure it'll be interesting and give me a few ideas on how to form my blog.
I've got several little stories compiled from many e-mails it seemed such a shame to loose them.
Strange that you moved from Leeds to Brum I moved the other way; from Brum to Leeds.

dearbarbie

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 10:06:29 PM »
hah aindeed

btw the blog you went to after - the genblog about elland - that's my Mum's - the parents are still up in Yorkshire - someone's still got to be up there :P nah, I miss it ;)

Langstraat

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 01:00:52 AM »
Well I'm a tad disappointed. I would have liked some feed back from our active members 6? regarding my blogged effort in the above posting and can only think it's been overlooked hint hint.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy