Author Topic: public transport survey  (Read 2717 times)

ljdeeming

public transport survey
« on: October 28, 2006, 02:26:43 PM »
hey there, im conducting a survey here to see what people think of public transport in birmingham.

just tell me what you think........

cheers, leon

Jacqueline

Re: public transport survey
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 08:10:33 AM »
Leon you are not likely to find any takers on here as hardly anyone still lives in England yet alone Birmingham.

Although i do still live in Brum i have not used public transport for many years now. Sorry.

Graham

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 09:10:05 AM »
On my visits to Brum I have used Public Transport, `buzz´ & train. All I can say is that it is dirty & uncomfortable. The bus station in Brum looked worse than anything you might see in a third world country! The car park outside looked like a bomb site and everywhere you see flat trodden chewing gum, sometimes you can't see the pavement through the gum. The overcrowding and the dirt are really bad. Many things are nice but need a good clean and a lick of paint, would make a world of difference.

john2000

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 11:11:33 AM »
I had no problems with the city transport, and I paid just 1 pound to ride to the citycentre, for Shirley, ( thats were the hotel was ) my lady friend who has never been on a dubbledecker before, and thought it was great, we sat up front ,  up stairs,........ ;D

but I miss the old tram the 49 going up Leapold St, and the 48 going up Gooch St.

if you want to see the real Brum go on the nr 8 and the nr 19
( when youre back in Brum )
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Jacqueline

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 07:22:36 PM »
Another service that comes to mind is the Ring and Ride. This service is fantastic for those virtual housebound people who are picked up from their homes and delivered home again. Plus helped in with their shopping.

ljdeeming

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 07:25:20 PM »
thanks for the messages thus far. my reason for the survey is that im trying to discover the problems which current public transport users encounter, and also to find out what puts car users off public transport, convenience excluded.

so keep them coming.........

Graham

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 08:08:45 PM »
In some Belgian towns public transport is free, that gets em out of their cars! In other towns it's quite cheep & clean.

Jacqueline

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 10:43:14 PM »
Cleanliness seems to be a problem in most places including hospitals. The reason is because very few cleaners are directly employed but all come via an agency.
When cleaners were employed directly by a company they were answerable to that company. Not the cost cutting agency's who don't give a damn.

ally8630

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 11:21:16 AM »
Public transport these days is not something that I experience often. But when I do occasionally use it, it’s disappointing. It’s dirty, uncomfortable, and it’s abused. The state of trains and buses are not very attractive due to the amount of graffiti, and rubbish which is just thrown about.  I feel that the government should definitely do something about this. They should be trying to encourage more and more people to use public transport and not their own vehicles. If changes were made, I would definitely use more public transport, as it’s cheap, and easier than driving about all the time.

Graham

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 07:56:26 PM »
They should get all the people that are on the dole to clean the country up. Unemployment solved in a day!

Jacqueline

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 09:28:02 PM »
Graham, I have two or three thoughts of those on the dole but do not wish to throw the thread. Give me a day or two and i will come up with a new thread with some idea's to chew on.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy