Author Topic: Looking for Littlehales  (Read 4262 times)

Empty

Looking for Littlehales
« on: March 29, 2009, 02:18:20 AM »
Hi,
as a nipper, I lived at back of 59 Birchfield Road,Perry Barr/Aston area. At the front was a shop owned by Mr and Mrs Littlehales and their sons were, I think, Fred & Ron. One of the sons was a keen photographer and the rare pictures I have of my childhood self and brother were taken by him. My mum & dad were Arthur & Irene Taylor.
I'd love to find out what happened to Fred and Ron - anybody out there know them?
Empty

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Looking for Littlehales
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 12:46:29 PM »
Hi Empty

Long time no hear,

The only Littlehales I ever knew lived in Hamden Street Balsall Heath. His name was Ronnie, he would be about 65-67 now.  I am talking around 1963 when he lived in Hamden St. If I remember right he was a lorry driver at the time. I don't imagine in the least he was anything to do with your acquaintances. but he just came to mind reading your post.

Phil

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Empty

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 10:47:29 PM »
Hello again Phil,
your Ron's a possible as it's not a common name and the age would be about right. We left Birchfield Road in 1959 so he would have been maybe 20 then?
I have been looking in on the forum regularly, just not posting!
Empty

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 10:53:37 PM »
Empty

I think this Ron lived in Hamden Street all his life, well at least up until the date it was demolished, but good luck with your search.

Phi
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Andy Capp

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 11:10:23 PM »
Hi Empty
I knew Gerald Littlehales in the 1950s. He Lived In Longmore Street Balsall Heath Just  Below Sherbourne Road. I dont Knpw if he was related to the family your looking for.
Andy Capp

Empty

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 08:29:33 PM »
Hi Andy,
thanks for this. I'm pretty sure the two I'm looking for would be in the Aston area.
Empty

Littlesis

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 03:43:35 AM »
As soon as I saw the thread "Looking for Littlehales" the name Ronnie Littlehales sprang to mind, as I am 62 he must be the one mentioned by Phil. I can't remember where he lived Balsall Heath Road ish, maybe it was from school I remember him from.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 03:01:34 PM »
Littlesis

I'm sorry but I have no information concerning what school that the Ronnie I knew went to. As he was a few years older than myself he was not really aware of myself and my little group of mates until we reached about 15 years of age.

I think when we reach the lofty ages of 18 & 19 we consider anybody a couple of years younger than ourself as children.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

rwmcgowan

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 08:58:43 PM »
re post littlehales, by phil 47, did indeed live in longmore st, as you, said.knew him and his family,believe he was friendly with alan turnbull, from balsall heath rd, up from mary street. all went into the army at the same time.
                                                                                                     rw mcgowan.

Andy Capp

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 11:07:51 PM »
HI
I KNEW ALAN TURNBULL. I LIVED IN GOSFORD STREET  ALAN DID'NT LIVE FAR FROM ME BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER EXACTLY WHERE. ALAN WOULD BE AROUND MY AGE I'M 73.
ANDY CAPP

rwmcgowan

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 09:38:03 PM »
  to andy  capp,

must have known you years ago,i think alan lived in  balsallheath rd, just above mary st, ihave seen him twice since the 50s,met him once on new st station in 57 returning to camp ,second time in the 80s at the bham international airport he was driving a black cab ,he said he was living in redditch, everyone iknew from balsall heath you must know "kenny hawkins lived near or in wenman st,the deakins ,kinsellas lesley davis who lied next to st thomas,s church at the top of jakemans walk,also ivor slater, out of wenman st, also the large family suttons from balsall heath rd they are still living there, those that are still alive,the youngest  one "ronnie got run  over by the no 8 bus crossing the road did you know the burton family from longbridge rd, it amazes me how many members  can remember names of shool teachers from mary st ican just about  namer 2 or 3 from hope st, all for now rw mcgowan

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy