Author Topic: Mothers ---High Street Erdington. Late 1960s  (Read 70848 times)

Jayla

Re: Mothers ---High Street Erdington. Late 1960s
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2009, 11:12:19 AM »
MOTHERS IS BACK CHECK OUT THIS LINK. http://soundoferdopia.blogspot.com/ - hope to see you there, don;t hesitate to contact me about the event, bring a friend.

Hi Folks,

I used to go to Mothers in the late 60's mainly Friday Nights one week you would have Pete Drummond and the week after John Peel. I saw the reformation of Traffic " i waited ages to get in" Taste was another band i saw there sorry to hear that Rory Gallagher died a few years ago. Henry's Blues house (The Crown Station Street) was another favourite venue of mine, does anyone remember sunday lunch time gigs at the Swan Yardley? I think most people that went there went to Mothers on the Saturday Night we were all still drunk from the night before!! and then on Sunday night we used to end up in the Sabbath Disco at the Yew Tree "God knows how we got up for work on the Monday Morning!!.
Monday night was a good night in the Alambrah Pub under the old Savoy Hotel, Peter York used to be there! Happy days no money till pay day on Friday!!   :)

Mike

Jayla

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2009, 11:16:14 AM »
Mothers is Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Check out my post and I hope to see you at the next show Fri Sep 4th 2009!!!

Has anyone any internal photos? I was just that bit too young to get in (my mum and dad wouldn't let me). :-[
But I used to stand outside and hear the bands warm up!

sheldonboy

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2009, 06:36:09 PM »
Best of luck Jayla. The whole concept of Mothers was totally unique.     Sheldonboy
Strangers are just friends you havn't met yet

Jayla

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2009, 10:39:34 AM »
Thank you, you are welcome to come if you wish, ask for Jayla at the door!

sheldonboy

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2009, 02:34:53 PM »
Thanks Jayla
I appreciate the offer but as an original Mothers Man, these days I think Granny's would be more my scene.     Sheldonboy.
Strangers are just friends you havn't met yet

stevemanager

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2009, 07:29:03 PM »
hi all, glad to see Mothers is remembered so fondly. I currently manage the furniture store where history was made in Erdington and have done so for 9 years. Over this time i have 100's of people come in and reminisce about Mothers. My Salesman was an associate of Phil Myatt a few years ago and has plenty of stories to tell. Please pop in for a chat and PLEASE if you have ANY photos we would love copies to 'adorn' the upstairs showroom. I recently 'starred' on Midlands today because someone called Jez was doing a piece on the old place. Any info from jez would also be appreciated. Like I said - pop in for a chat.

sandrac

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2009, 10:02:46 AM »
I was too young to go to Mothers but does anyone remember Peppers disco at the pub on the corner of reservoir rd at sixways?

rob

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2009, 11:07:41 AM »
Hi Sandrac,
                  I never went to Peppers but i remember it, was in the Queens Head. All gone now its flats and a Tesco Express....Rob

sandrac

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2009, 11:21:01 AM »
Thanks Rob, couldn't remember name of pub but remember the march of the mods dance, went along with my friends to peppers but preferred Black Sabbath !

redsnapper

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2009, 11:11:40 PM »
hi just joined 2day -was looking at something else! i used ti go mothers when it was carlton .anyone remember teh coffee Gardeners on  the High Street- i worked there- and the Pop In in York Rd. I do remember Peppers, but didnt like so much

redsnapper

« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2009, 11:13:20 PM »
just read stevemanagers report. I will be in to reminisce