Author Topic: New Ghost Related Blog for the West Midlands Area.....  (Read 30519 times)

denise

Re: New Ghost Related Blog for the West Midlands Area.....
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2009, 01:39:29 PM »
 :(

I am all sad now :( :-[   ;D

Duffy

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2009, 04:43:02 PM »
:(

I am all sad now :( :-[   ;D

Ahhhh - don't be sad Denise!!!  It's all grist to the mill as they say!!  Laugh, laugh!!

Regards,

Nick
www.westmidlandsghostclub.com
http://westmidlandsghostclub.blogspot.com/

Lizzie

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2009, 11:33:54 AM »
Ey, dont be sad denise, as it's all good fun stuff at the end of the day isnt it?  Its all interesting stff.

Do you see many fake pictures duffy?  How do you know fakes from the real thing and how do you tell people?  Bet their mad when you expse them! :D

XXx

Lizzie

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2009, 09:17:54 AM »
Hey, I just saw this in the Sunday Express papers!  Your going national Duffy! ;D ;D

LizzieXxx

HOW A SCARED PLAYER GHOSTED PAST DEFENDERS AND HOTEL STAFF TO ESCAPE TOMB SERVICE

SPIRITED AWAY: Fabian Delph

Sunday August 23,2009

By James Fielding

Premier League hot shot Fabian Delph has been left quaking in his boots – by ghost stories.

Aston Villa’s teenage star made a hurried departure from his ­temporary digs in a former manor house last weekend after team mates told him it was haunted.

The 19-year-old was supposed to stay at the New Hall Hotel in Sutton Coldfield, a few miles from the club’s training ground, but refused to spend a night there after hearing about its phantom guests.

To avoid any brushes with the paranormal he has switched to a modern hotel in the ­centre of Birmingham.

Villa skipper Stiliyan Petrov revealed: “Like most of us, he finds that kind of thing a bit disturbing so it didn’t help when he was booked into the New Hall Hotel to be told by some of the lads that the place is haunted.

“He went along but couldn’t bear the thought of spending a night there, so he asked to be moved.”

Delph’s fright-fest came as he ­arrived at the Midlands club after transferring from Leeds United.

New Hall was built 800 years ago and has been run as a hotel since 1988. Guests and staff have reported several bone-chilling encounters.

The most commonly seen spook is the white lady who has been blamed for unexplained loud bangs.

Other restless spirits include the former owner George Sacheverell, who was suspected of practising black magic and devil worship, a cavalier who appears in the kitchen courtyard and a mysterious lady in dark clothing always accompanied by a spectral hound.

The most ­gruesome tale concerns a man ­executed by the Duke of Cumberland in 1785 whose severed head ­apparently floats across the estate looking for his body. A hotel worker said: “There are a number of ghost stories but perhaps the best known is the one about the white lady. She was a former maid from the days who apparently haunts the corridors.

“Having said that, we have had a number of famous names, including footballers, who have stayed here and slept soundly.”

John Conway of the West Midlands Ghost Club said: “One of the most interesting stories ­concerns guests at a dinner party who were startled by crashes and bangs from one of the rooms.

“Expecting to find someone trashing the place, they dashed to the room only to find it untouched.

“Over the years, ­Pavarotti, ­Robbie Williams and Kylie Minogue have all stayed without any ­problems so I have no idea why Fabian Delph couldn’t handle at least one night.”

An Aston Villa spokeswoman said: “A few of the lads probably wanted to welcome Fabian into the team by ribbing him about the ghosts.

“He feels settled at his hotel so we hope he’ll continue to show plenty of spirit on the pitch.”

denise

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2009, 09:32:44 AM »
LOL Lizzie ;D

I think I would be scared too ;D

Duffy

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2009, 02:43:25 PM »
Hi Lizzie,

In reply to your 1st unanswered post - we don't see all that many photographs that we could say were actually (blatantly) 'fake', I must admit......  99% of the pics people send in to us are the usual 'orb' fare - i.e. dust particles, etc, that are (because of erroneous cultural motifs / beliefs) people now tend to believe are paranormal in nature.

One of the best pics that I've seen in many years is the one shown at the link below.  We cannot find a rational cause for this one, I must admit:

http://westmidlandsghostclub.blogspot.com/2009/04/ghostly-extra.html

Thanks for posting up our Express article Lizzie!! ;D  Ironically, we had contacted the press over a genuine research concern recently - but all we've had from the media are requests for information and quotes on New Hall Hotel!!! ;D ;D  We're on Radio WM tonight talking about the place too, apparently!! ;D

Regards,

Nick

Lizzie

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2009, 11:01:01 AM »
Thanx chick. What a Spooky picture!

Heard you on the radio last night, not you was it someone called john?  Is he the president of your club?  Noticed that theres not many ghost stories on here from people.  are ther no ghosts in brum then? ;D

LizzieXX

Duffy

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2009, 10:39:37 PM »
Hi Lizzie,

No - John isn't the president of the club......  We don't go in for such things as grand titles, to be honest, we're well grounded in all departments - I must admit - and wouldn't bother with impressive monickers for the members!! ;D ;D  (We leave such things to other groups!!) ;D ;D

There is another thread (or perhaps 'was') concerning the ghostly experiences of forum members.....  I think it went 'dead' yonks ago though.... if you'll excuse the pun!! ;D ;D

Regards,

Nick

Lizzie

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2009, 08:00:54 AM »
Thnx duffy! No grand titles then..you should have a president at least. ;D
LizzieXxx

Duffy

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2009, 12:36:28 PM »
We have some business cards, but that's as grand as we get Lizzie!! ;D ;D

Most groups immediately go for monogrammed t-shirts / fleeces, big fancy web sites, amazing equipment, impressive titles within their group, stationary (of all descriptions) and so on - and all it boils down to at the end of the day is a smoke-screen to take peoples minds off the fact that they don't know what they're doing when it comes to research activities!!! ;D

I once received an email from a self professed researcher - five or so paragraphs telling me of all the things she'd done, what kit her group had, etc - and the main point of her note, when she eventually got to it, was to ask me if I knew of any haunting she could look into in her area!!!!  So accomplished, it seems...... but she apparently hadn't heard of her local library or archives service!! ;D ;D ;D

Regards,

Nick

Steve

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2009, 07:15:25 PM »
Dust?

Photo (1) posted in error.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy