Author Topic: New Ghost Related Blog for the West Midlands Area.....  (Read 30524 times)

Duffy

Re: New Ghost Related Blog for the West Midlands Area.....
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 03:42:08 PM »
Hi Denise,

If a bathing costume turns up in my wardrobe, I will let you know!!! ;D ;D  If it's your hubbys biscuits however..... 'finders keepers', I'm afraid!!!! ;D

Re. the condition concerned - I believe this is more of a 'state' one finds themselves in occasionally, rather than a complaint as such(?)  I will have to try and find some literature on it and read it thoroughly.  As mentioned, I'm absolutely terrible for such situations..... probably because I'm generally a dozy oik most of the time!!!  ;D

Sorry, but your talk of Christmas shopping in Cambridge has set me off at a tangent now......  What a lovely image!!! :)

Regards,

Nick
www.westmidlandsghostclub.com
http://westmidlandsghostclub.blogspot.com/

denise

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2009, 03:47:05 PM »
We will never know the answers but it is good to talk about it all ;D

Duffy

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 01:45:33 PM »
We will never know the answers but it is good to talk about it all ;D

So true Denise!!!

Regards,

Nick

Lizzie

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 08:37:13 AM »
Checked out the blog duffy and it looks real good.

Have you ever heard of ghosts at sheldon hall in brum?  A friend of mine used to work there and often said that it was real haunted.  Have you investigated there as I see youve been to the white hart which is also close?

LizzieXXX

Duffy

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 09:12:16 AM »
Hello Lizzie,

Thank you for your kind words.

Re. Sheldon Hall - it is a gorgeous building with a fair bit of ghostlore, but we've never actually investigated the site.  We've spoken to different managers and so on and have made endeavours to catalogue the stories we've been told over the years, but we do try our best to avoid pubs like the plague these days (purely for practical reasons) so we wouldn't really be making moves to contact them about an investigation, etc. 

True, the White Hart is just down the road from Sheldon Hall (if I recall correctly, as I'm not exactly familiar with that general area).  I think the White Hart was one of the last pub investigations that we carried out......

Thanks again Lizzie,

Regards,

Nick

Lizzie

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2009, 11:15:03 AM »
Sorry about missing your post Duffy.  ThanksXX

A nast old cogger used to live at sheldon hall when it was still a house and he is supposed to have shot at people who tresspassed on his land!  Cant remember his name thou and I will have to ask my dad who knew of him as a boy in the area.

Pity you havent had chance to go into the hall as its gorgeous inside.  I heard something a few years back about a photgraph being took at a party that showed a little girl in the guests that wasnt there really.  Woooo creepy stuff!

Duffy

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009, 09:17:31 AM »
Hi Lizzie,

I think I recall the story of the former occupant.......  the place used to be known as 'Baldies Mansion' or some such (for quite a while), apparently named so after the man concerned!! ;D ;D

I did speak with the landlord a few years ago about a photograph of a little girl, but, unfortunately, it was one of those cases where a photo had been taken..... but no one could actually lay their hands on it at the time of telling the story.  Of course, this does indeed happen, but I'm always perplexed at the amount of stunning pics that are simply allowed to get lost in this sort of situation!! ;D ;D

Any more ghost stories Lizzie??

Regards to you,

Nick

denise

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2009, 01:07:14 PM »
This pic was in the news a while ago

denise

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 01:11:19 PM »
Bigger

No,oh well I tried.Spot the ghost.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 01:33:49 PM »
Denise

If you are referring to the figure on the higher level it looks like someone wearing an anorak carrying a large shoulder bag or similar to me or it could even be a pushchair.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Duffy

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 01:38:13 PM »
Hi Denise,

I did see the pic concerned...... there seems to have been a rash of such things in recent months, for some reason? 

I have to laugh about such things, because the chap mentioned in the article below keeps sending me pictures that he has 'innocently' taken of ghosts, etc, never ceasing to stress how amazed he was on catching such an image, etc, etc, etc.  

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2305891.ece

What amuses me is that the recipients list on the top of the emails concerned invariably include The Sun and a host of other dodgy newspapers and media sources, for some reason.  

A local radio station called me about the pics shown in this Sun article (when he contacted them about the matter earlier this year) and I had to admit that I'd never seen anything so blatantly amateurish - when it came to faking photographs - in my life!! ;D ;D

Regards,

Nick

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy