Author Topic: New Ghost Related Blog for the West Midlands Area.....  (Read 30520 times)

Duffy

New Ghost Related Blog for the West Midlands Area.....
« on: May 04, 2009, 11:07:08 AM »
Hi All,

Just dropping you a note to mention the freshly launched blog constructed by the West Midlands Ghost Club (Est. 1989).

It can be found at: 

http://westmidlandsghostclub.blogspot.com/ 

The most recent post involves a brief outline of an investigation carried out in Birmingham City Centre this (past) weekend......

Regards,

Duffy
www.westmidlandsghostclub.com

Duffy

Re: New Ghost Related Blog for the West Midlands Area.....
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 08:40:39 AM »
Thanks to a good friend of mine, I've just been able to post up some video footage - obtained during an investigation of the Manor House in West Bromwich a few years ago - to our photo album. The recording concerned appears to contain the sound of 'someone' walking up the staircase to the chapel / solar area of the property, despite the fact that none of the investigators in the building were anywhere near this area at that time.....

Ironically, until I was presented with this footage last night by the friend concerned, it was believed to have been 'lost'..... having been misplaced around three years ago!

I would appreciate any comments that forum users have on the matter, as I am at a complete loss to explain the sounds away. (A full description of how the recording was obtained, etc, will appear on our blog shortly).

The footage can be viewed here:

http://westmidlandsghostclub.myphoto...com/albums.php

Best wishes,

Nick

denise

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 09:10:53 AM »
Hi Nick,

could not use the first link but found it through the second one.

It really sounds like someone walking about and maybe moving something.?Spooky. :)

I was reading about objects being haunted.It reminded me of something that happened years ago.

I gave my mum a victorian brooch with the word mother on it.Not long afterwards she gave it me back.She said it kept falling off.There was nothing wrong with the clasp.I remember mum saying it does not really belong to me.
I sold it on but I think mum thought that little brooch only wanted to be worn
by it's first owner.

Duffy

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 03:51:11 PM »
Hi Nick,

could not use the first link but found it through the second one.

It really sounds like someone walking about and maybe moving something.?Spooky. :)

I was reading about objects being haunted.It reminded me of something that happened years ago.

I gave my mum a victorian brooch with the word mother on it.Not long afterwards she gave it me back.She said it kept falling off.There was nothing wrong with the clasp.I remember mum saying it does not really belong to me.
I sold it on but I think mum thought that little brooch only wanted to be worn
by it's first owner.

Hi Denise,

Thanks for the reply.

With regards to the Manor House footage, we were so familiar with the building (moving around it, etc) we immediately recognised what the sounds on the recording actually were.  As mentioned in the write-up (just posted up on our blog) we had a great comparison point with the sounds made by our own researchers who walked up the stairs 20 minutes after the anomalous footsteps. 

Re. the brooch you gave to your mom - this is frequently the sort of object that generates such accounts.  It's almost always something that could be construed as a personal item.... often something that an owner would regard as 'dear to them' or a cherished possession.  Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule, such as garage doors and so on!!!  Laugh!!!! 

Best wishes,

Nick

denise

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 12:16:13 AM »
The garage door was so strange,surely you could not make that one up?Maybe something too it....I like to keep an open mind :)

Duffy

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 07:57:14 PM »
The garage door was so strange,surely you could not make that one up?Maybe something too it....I like to keep an open mind :)

If it was made up, I'd certainly hope that someone might have actually come up with a more 'serious' sounding object to contact us about!!??  Laugh, laugh!!  I was the one who went to interview the family concerned and they did seem most genuine about the matter.  I couldn't tell you the amount of times the woman had sheepishly said to me: "I can't tell you how daft I feel in saying this to you...." or some such sentiments!!  Laugh!!

Regards - and many thanks for taking interest in the blog,

Nick

Duffy

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 04:59:25 PM »
A big thank you to anyone who did come over and check the blog, as we've attained an incredible 900 hits (literally, give or take) in less than a week...

Many thanks!!

Regards,

Nick

denise

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 03:46:06 PM »
Glad you have had a lot of hits Nick. :)

denise

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 04:00:22 PM »
I enjoyed reading about the ghostly roman soldiers in Tamworth.

The shadow in front of the white board at the manor.........I could not see anything in the picture that would cause that shadow............Did the person in the pic not feel anything odd about the room if you understand me?
I say feel as sometimes I go to places and they do not feel right and I am glad to get out. :)

denise

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 09:43:34 PM »

Duffy

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 05:46:04 PM »
Thanks Denise!!

Re. The Manor House photograph - group members are divided as to what this might be.  Some think it is a ghostly extra in the shot, while I tend to think it is a picture of..........  a real person!!!! ;D ;D  Seriously, I personally think that the camera technology has gone a bit squiffy while the pic is being taken and mis-interpreted what was being scanned, etc.  Despite the fact that there is little of the figure to be seen, it does - to me at least - resemble yours truly! ;D  I cannot recall where I was when that particular shot was taken, but I would hazard a guess that I was standing in front of the white board.....

I'm not at all sure what is shown on the BBC picture to be honest Denise.  The effect itself is somewhat hazy at best, so would pretty much be open to interpretation.....

Regards,

Nick

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy