Author Topic: New Ghost Related Blog for the West Midlands Area.....  (Read 30517 times)

Duffy

Re: New Ghost Related Blog for the West Midlands Area.....
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »
Just a quick note to outline something we did in Brum City Centre recently!

http://westmidlandsghostclub.blogspo...stigation.html

More to follow on the matter when we next update the website however.

Regards,

Nick
www.westmidlandsghostclub.com
http://westmidlandsghostclub.blogspot.com/

mozyDigital

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 02:09:35 PM »
Hi Duffy,
Do you ever do investigations in warwickshire?
There's this place called the Ettington Hotel (manor),
and it supposed to be very haunted. You only ever hear reports about the 'pink lady'.
But someone my dad knows said he used to work there and on about his 4th or 5th night of working
there, he was in one of the rooms and he said that he turned around and was surrounded
by soliders, he claimed that one walked straight through a wall and another walked through him.
He then went running back down to reception and told them, they wern't suprised by his story and
said they have seen the same thing. He quit after that.

I know there's a team of paranormal investigators in Dudley that invite people to join them.
I have about going to Ettington Manor myself, armed with camara's and a girlfriend, to keep me sane.
Also Edge Hill sounds very interesting aswell.

Duffy

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 07:52:57 PM »
Hi MozyDigital,

Indeed we do get into Warwickshire whenever we can.....  We have previously covered a riding stables, Warwick Castle, Alcester Town Hall and others.

Re. Ettington Park - my all time favourite horror / ghost related film - 'The Haunting' (1964 version) - was recorded there!!  Laugh!!!  I've been aware of the sites haunted reputation since childhood, but it has become decidedly commercial of late, so we've never approached them for an investigation......

Let me know if you ever 'catch' anything during one of your visits!!!!

Regards,

Nick

Steve

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 09:41:44 PM »
Duffy,
        I worked at Lilleshall National Sports centre, which as you may know was once the Hunting Lodge of Lord Sutherland.
        I didn't see any ghosts there for the first 3 years, then my son came to work there, and whilst I was near to him I saw two. His Mum sees a lot of things, but rarely reports it. I have seen a couple of things whilst in her company down at our local.
  Have you experienced this sort of thing, where a person somewhat "psychic" transmits the ability to see such things too?
  The only thing that happened at LNSC previously, I'd not long started working there, was in one of the original buildings, built of sandstone. I was sent to check the emergency lighting armed with a list and in one particular place I could not find the light. I returned to the office and my oppo who had been there some years came over with me. There was the light up on the wall over the doorway complete with bright red wiring, hardly missable. I'm certain it was not there before.  Steve
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

mozyDigital

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 02:00:57 AM »
There was a slight typo in what i wrote above,
i was supposed to write 'i have thought about going to ettin.................'
Who knows i might visit there one day, i don't really expect too much to
see anything, but there's always a chance.

Great story in your blog btw about those guys in the chapel,
you rarely hear ghost stories like that one.

Duffy

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 05:56:18 AM »
Hi Steve and MozyDigital,

With regards to your query on 'transference of psychic power' Steve, I must admit that perhaps some people are more susceptible to ghostly happenings than other and possibly - somewhere along the lines - this type of ability is potentially communicable(?)  Of course, if this is indeed the case, I also think that someone who 'inhibits' ghostly happenings could also have an effect on others.......  which is probably why I never get to see anything ghostly, nor does anyone with me (usually!!)  Laugh, laugh!!

Thanks for the info. on the National Sports Centre.......  I'm not familiar with this site in particular, but we have conducted many investigations at the nearby Abbey over the years.  Photos from a recent visit can be viewed here, by the way:  http://westmidlandsghostclub.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album66

Mozy - I've seen a fair bit of footage of Ettington Park over the years and it looks a most admirable place to visit!!  Carol Vorderman did an (albeit, somewhat lax) investigation of the place for the Out Of This World TV programme a few years ago..........  Lovely looking site!!  While filming The Haunting, US actor, Russ Tamblyn, believes he had a paranormal experience at the rear of the property....

Re. our blog and the chapel you mention - which story was that?  I think there are a couple of tales on there regarding chapels - one in Darlaston and another at the Manor House, West Bromwich......

Regards,

Nick

denise

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 06:15:34 AM »
Steve,I beleave what you say about things being there and not being there.
In my case we had a spate of losing things.Would search and search and then would look again and it would be in quite a promenent place.Quite a few items.It really made me cross and in the end I said to an empty room please do not do this anymore and guess what....it stopped.People may think I am nuts but it is true.I have not seen anything but have felt a lot.Hard to explain. :)

Steve

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 01:21:27 PM »
Denise, It happens to me all the time. When I ask Sue if she's seen what I'm looking for she will find it in seconds, usually somewhere I'd just looked.
  I had an odd experience 3 or 4 times, always in full daylight,  in our bedroom. We have those bedside lights you just touch to switch them on. I walked into the room and the lights were switching on and off alternatively, and would continue until I touched one of them. The last time it happened I felt a prescence, I shouted " for god's sake stop playing with the lights!" It stopped immediately and has never reoccurred.
  Electrical anomaly? Who knows, but it's strange I felt that prescence, and it stopped on request.

Duffy

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 02:57:30 PM »
Hi Denise and Steve,

I'm exceptionally sceptical when it comes to paranormal matters...... but I must admit that I frequently experience the same sort of things that you're discussing here and simply cannot explain such things away rationally.....

I do personally suffer with a particular (and seriously recognised) complaint where you can be looking at a particular thing, but do not recognise it for what it is.  This usually occurs at times when I'm looking for (say) the scissors or a roll of sellotape in the kitchen drawer.  I'm standing there, red as a beetroot, screaming 'for ***** sake, where has the ****** Sellotape gone again!?!?!?'  My partner (patiently) strolls into the kitchen and - frequently without looking - puts her hand on the top-most object in the drawer and..... lo and behold....  well, you guessed it!!    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously though, this is a genuine problem for a lot of people at times.....  though I'm blowed if I can recall the proper name for the condition at present!?!  (Can anyone enlighten me possibly?)

Having said all of the above, I admit that it cannot possibly explain all of the instances where personal objects of mine have simply 'vanished' and either returned at a later date, or never been seen again!!!  For instance - I once put a brand new pair of jeans on a shelf in the wardrobe and, on going to get them a couple of days later, they had totally vanished!!!  I tore the wardrobe apart..... and so did my partner...... but they were nowhere to be found!?!?  Literally one month later, they re-appeared just where I had previously put them......!!!!  I cannot for the life of me explain whay occured here. 

On another occasion, I put a belt away on a hook in a cupboard and it vanished without trace.....  That was about 8 years ago and I've never seen it again to this day!!! 

Perhaps most bizarrely, I have had to purchase the CD 'Crest Of A Knave' (by Jethro Tull) some five times now, as it keeps disappearing.....  The box is always left behind, but the CD out of it has gone without trace....  I have about 20 CD's by Tull, but it is only this one that vanishes(?)

Re. 'asking things to stop' - this is apparently a tried and tested method (allegedly, in some cases).  In the past, a lot of researchers - in helping people to calm their hauntings - have suggested that the 'victims' address the 'whatever-it-is' and ask it to cease!!!  Personally speaking, I have always been reticent to give such advice - even experimentally - as I personally think that you are (perhaps wrongly) investing something with a personality in carrying out such directions.... and this can possibly lead to further complications somewhere along the lines, etc.

Regards,

Nick

denise

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 03:27:55 PM »
Hi Duffy,

I have been a life long loser of keys,specs and such and I normally find them quite quickly.

The clothes is a strange one,I lost like you jeans and of all things a bathing costume I particularly liked.I can not think of another place to look and I can not give a rational explanation.The reall odd thing was christmas a few years ago I bought my husband some books and a large glass heavy jar of italian biscuits.I lugged them all round cambridge when christmas shopping and they were no light weights.They were unwrapped,delighted over and then never to be seen again.Yes you throw a lot of rubish out at christmas but the weight of these items would alert anyone it was too heavy for christmas wrapping for the bin.

I do not think I suffer from any condition that makes me blind to things that are there.The thing I was talking about in the previous post was a real problem for a while and I think I spoke to the unknown because I had a real sense of something being wrong.I am not very brave and do not would not seek out this kind of stuff as I find it all very creepy really.However the longer I live I think there are so many things that can not be explained away.I try to keep an open mind and like you look for rational explanations first.

Steve

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 03:37:45 PM »
Colours play a part with me, if I am searching for a yellow one. mistakenly, I don't see it because it's red, or whatever.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy