Author Topic: WHAT ARE TESCO'S UP TO ?  (Read 4525 times)

tramp

Re: WHAT ARE TESCO'S UP TO ?
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 09:20:36 PM »
Bernie,

They seem to kick off every season with the ones that got embalmed in the summer - this'll never work, it wouldn't even work if they had a team of Lazaruses coz they must make a move BEFORE the fella with the oil can comes round ::)

tramp

berniew

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 09:57:52 PM »
Promotion on formaldehyde Tramp   Bernie

tramp

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 10:30:33 PM »
Bernie,

Don't worry, this time next year those deadbeats'll be down on time again! O0

tramp

berniew

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 10:53:04 PM »
Tramp you obviously have lost touch with quality football watching those south Americans Bernie

tramp

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 11:07:30 PM »
That's right Bernie, there's no low quality stuff.....!

Seriously it would be good to see them stay up and be joined by the Baggies and Leicester.

mike jenks

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2009, 09:33:14 AM »
Hi

Had the misfortune to use one of these self scanning
checkout areas. After 3 goes with help I still failed on
how to exit the system and pay. Helped again.
Clearly a young persons area I thought.
Intially these areas were empty but more and more
are getting the knack.
No discounts for using the system 10% I thought.
Loss of Labour etc

Mike Jenks

sheldonboy

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2009, 08:11:10 PM »
You have got more patience than I have Mike. I was in New St. Tesco's the day these infernal checkouts were installed, I walked out because the other tills were out of order. I won't stand for them because they have put people out of work. Also I will not work for Tesco's for nothing when they have recorded a profit of £3.13 Billion.
Strangers are just friends you havn't met yet

tramp

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2009, 10:50:02 PM »
sheldonboy,

Good for you on all counts - if they come here the place that brings them will lose our custom - as labour is undoubtedly cheap compared to UK, it'll probably be a while yet.

I don't wear outwardly visibly branded merchandise for two similar reasons: 1. I will not advertise anything for nothing, and wouldn't advertise most things anyway, and 2. I would never be daft enough enough to pay extra for the doubtful privilege of advertising - anyone who does has my...well not sympathy, as I've never felt the need to identify with the largely anonymous masses that do  ::)

sheldonboy

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2009, 05:25:22 AM »
Nice one Tramp
Unfortunately a great many people feel the need to follow market trends and pay well over the odds for a designer name. I am all in favour of paying extra for good quality stuff but it's not always easy to find anyway.
 We all know it's possible to pay a fortune for clothing when it's sometimes made in a sweatshop in Asia, Eastern Europe, Africa or even Birmingham or Manccester these days. That would be bad enough but to find out later that this over priced rubbish is a fake anyway should teach at least a few people a bit of a lesson.
   But I doubt very much if it ever does.

tramp

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2009, 05:42:37 AM »
Some of it's made here, and I've happily bought: Balenciaga, St Laurent, La Roche, Carven shirts etc for 2 to 4.50 quid (excess production/cancelled orders/ends of ranges etc) - as these brands don't plaster a logo on the front like Polo/KKlien etc - typical yank over the top crap.

I've seen so called 'fake' stiuff on the streets in Thailand etc, and the cloth is often better than the real thing as it is Indian cotton (M & S taught me a bit about textiles) none of this ''cotton rich'' garbage which is merely a way of avoiding saying how much polyester etc is blended in.

sheldonboy

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2009, 05:48:06 AM »
Exactly what I was saying mate, most people don't know what they are buying anyway.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy