Author Topic: birmingham fire and ambulance service  (Read 25251 times)

anneyr

Re: birmingham fire and ambulance service
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2013, 08:05:03 AM »
Hi Malcolm

If you have an email address I'm happy to email you with the details for Maurice.
Regarding the vehicle I don't suppose you have a photo; the people making the cake for me have asked for one so they can get the details correct.
If not if I take the bedford ambulance I mentioned (as used in The Royal - tv programme) but describe the colouring as in your last message and presumably the wording would be "Worcestershire County Ambulance Service".

Anne

malcolm tomlinson

« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2013, 03:04:14 PM »
I will see what I can find out for you.My email address will be sent by a private message.

Spitsortie

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2017, 07:55:47 PM »
When was the Airport Fire Service actually established at BHX? I've read somewhere that it was 1968 but I've not been able to cross-reference this to find out if it is valid. Most photos that are found online seem to date to the early 1970s, after the airport came under the control of the newly-formed West Midlands County Council in 1974...

brinkhillgraham

« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2017, 11:21:38 PM »
Yes. Was there. Remember them aĺl. You may be Merv Wright.. i ws on blue. Terry Lasker is dead, dontknow abbout others.

Corby

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2020, 09:30:37 PM »
I was able to pick this up
"Facing the current Fire Station on Washwood Heath Road, a wooden fire engine shed, a Nissan-hut like building, housed the local fire engine and firemen until the new fire station was built in 1980".

I served at the current Ward End station until 1988. I had heard of a station in the park in yonder years before and one in the Blakesley Road/Richmond Road area in about the same time. Ward End opened in either '74 or '76 when the old Bordesley Green station closed.

Corby

« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2020, 09:42:18 PM »
Hi Tim

Of course we are interested in your recollections, my own son served at the stations you mention. Central and Cotteridge as well as a good few others in Birmingham, he even did his induction course at Coventry as did all WMFS recruits when he joined. He is just about to retire with a quite high rank.....

Trying not to be pedantic, there were other training schools in the '70s and 80's, Aldridge being one and Sheldon for a brief time.
I hope he has a long and happy retirement.

aggie2347

« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2020, 10:55:03 PM »
Shoulder quadrant

aggie2347

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2020, 03:23:07 PM »
I have got one or two pics to post but it keeps saying they are to big I have reduced them to under 80 as recommended but they won't go. I joined photobox but still no good any ideas

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy