Author Topic: Perry Common Redevelopment  (Read 4807 times)

Queslett

Re: Perry Common Redevelopment
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 08:47:26 AM »
Interesting that Perry Common development is really not Perry common as Perry Common is up by George Frederick Road ( i.e. Perry Common Farm) the old Farm House is still there in George Frederick Road

Akatarawa

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 12:06:47 AM »
Interesting that Perry Common development is really not Perry common as Perry Common is up by George Frederick Road ( i.e. Perry Common Farm) the old Farm House is still there in George Frederick Road

Are you sure you are not getting confused with Perry Barr Common Farm as shown on Roy's map in your other post about Kingsvale ?

Queslett

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 07:33:43 AM »
Perry Common Farm sometimes known as Perry Barr Common Farm was part of the old Perry Common

Perry (Barr) Common Farm took its name because the land formed part of the Old Perry Common.....

if you look at even earlier maps than those posted you will see the confirmation of this...

Perry Common was like so many areas renamed by either developers or post office and or politicians....

did you know that part of what is now Perry Common was once called Hamstead due to the postal service which sorting office was the Scott Arms Pub!!!!

Akatarawa

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 07:54:07 AM »
Very interesting Queslett,  thanks very much for that information.

I found this site showing aerial views of the Perry Common development in the 1920s,  completely surrounded by farmland in those days.
https://britainfromabove.org.uk/image/EPW017044

Moonshadow

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 10:56:51 PM »
My parents and
my grandparents on both my mother and fathers side lived in Abingdon Road as it was then at number 71 and on the corner of abingdon road and buxton road, that house is still there to this day.

brian shaw

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2019, 10:01:01 AM »
I was born in Hastings road and my nan lived at 96 witton lodge road but I left brum 30 years ago so I suppose nothing is the same anymore

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy