Author Topic: midland red bus  (Read 35250 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: midland red bus
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2014, 09:58:50 AM »
Hi Lloyd,

A couple of questions, is it mobile and why has it not got any livery? Is that still to be done yet? I know you have connections to Wythall Transport Museum in Chapel Lane. Perhaps you could tell our members a little about it. As long as you don't mention prices then it can't be seen as advertising and I'm sure some of our members who have never been there would find it interesting.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Ray Harrison

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2014, 12:29:57 PM »
My son who lives in Melbourne OZ  put a bid on a destination roller (ebay) off an old bus , it was a route he used to be on as a driver . he won it and we had to pick it up from that museum. It was about 5ft wide and 20ft long.
BUD

cocacolakid

« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2014, 05:23:00 PM »
My son who lives in Melbourne OZ  put a bid on a destination roller (ebay) off an old bus , it was a route he used to be on as a driver . he won it and we had to pick it up from that museum. It was about 5ft wide and 20ft long.

Ray..

That destination blind for a Midland Red bus is a good bit wider at 5ft, than the ones that were on WMPT buses. I had 5 of them, they were all 3ft wide. I sold two on eBay, only got two left now.
                                                                                                       Malc.
Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

Ray Harrison

« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2014, 05:28:06 PM »
Don't know he worked from Shard end depot WMPT.
BUD

cocacolakid

« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2014, 06:40:44 PM »
Don't know he worked from Shard end depot WMPT.

Ray..

Ok, I thought it was a blind from a Midland Red bus, as that was what the thread was about.
                                                                               Malc.

Ray Harrison

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2014, 08:11:56 PM »
Phil had a link with the Whythal transport museum which was where the item was collected from, Who died and put you in charge of threads.
BUD

cocacolakid

« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2014, 10:04:24 AM »
Phil had a link with the Whythal transport museum which was where the item was collected from, Who died and put you in charge of threads.

I was merely saying that I thought the 5ft destination blind you talked about was from a "Midland Red bus" as that was the title of the thread. I was surprised it was so wide compared to the WMPT ones I have  Had I known it was not from a Midland Red Bus I would not have replied to your post, but that was not made clear. If you have taken my words out of context, so be it, but it is a shame you are unable to make your point without using childish abuse.

Malc.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2014, 10:24:51 AM »
Come on lads, calm down and keep it civil. Here are a couple of blinds that differ a bit in size, although I have no dimensions you can see the difference without a tape. Interestingly enough one is for a number 28 bus.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cocacolakid

« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2014, 10:58:30 AM »
Come on lads, calm down and keep it civil. Here are a couple of blinds that differ a bit in size, although I have no dimensions you can see the difference without a tape. Interestingly enough one is for a number 28 bus.

Phil..

The blinds I have are from WMPT buses from the 1990s, the none conductor ones. They became obsolete c 2000, when digital destination boards were introduced. I think the midland red single deckers used the same type of blind during the 90s? Interesting to see the blind from the #28 it confirms the route of that bus.
                                                                                               Malc.

planetmalc

« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2014, 02:28:36 PM »
Here are a couple of blinds that differ a bit in size, although I have no dimensions you can see the difference without a tape. Interestingly enough one is for a number 28 bus.

That particular bus was 7' 6" wide (probably at the front mudguards) so a bit of ruler-work should tell us the blind width. O0
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

planetmalc

« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2014, 02:31:24 PM »

Ray..

That destination blind for a Midland Red bus is a good bit wider at 5ft, than the ones that were on WMPT buses. I had 5 of them, they were all 3ft wide. I sold two on eBay, only got two left now.
                                                                                                      Malc.

Do you know which class of bus they were from?
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy