Author Topic: Bolton Road  (Read 8680 times)

Griff

Bolton Road
« on: May 26, 2009, 05:29:52 PM »
Hi

Does anyone remember or have any pictures of C. A. Griffith Tailors and Outfitters at 168/188 Bolton Road, Small Heath?

berniew

Re: Bolton Road
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 06:04:09 PM »
Hello Griff and welcome to the forum sorry no photos but I do remember the shop , I think , a West Indian bloke used to own it . I lived in Grange Road when I was a kid  . All is not lost our Phil has hundreds of photos he hasn't been around for a couple of days but I'm sure he'll be back soon    Bernie

Griff

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 06:19:19 PM »
Hi Berniew

I was born in that house and that West Indian Bloke was my Dad. I would love to see some photos of it as I don't have any!

Hello Griff and welcome to the forum sorry no photos but I do remember the shop , I think , a West Indian bloke used to own it . I lived in Grange Road when I was a kid  . All is not lost our Phil has hundreds of photos he hasn't been around for a couple of days but I'm sure he'll be back soon    Bernie

denise

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 06:32:25 PM »
Whe he gets back I am sure Phil will do his best to find you a picture.

Welcome to the forum :)

berniew

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 06:39:28 PM »
Hi Griff someone may have one but have a look over the next few days because Phil is your best bet , There is another member , Jerry , who has his own site if you google small heath circle ,I have looked and sadly no pics of Bolton Road but loads of small heath . well worth a look  Bernie

Griff

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 06:48:24 PM »
Thanks for the info Bernie

Griff

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 09:03:49 PM »
Thanks Denise

Whe he gets back I am sure Phil will do his best to find you a picture.

Welcome to the forum :)

tramp

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 12:43:43 AM »
Hello Griff,

Welcome to the best forum in town.   As Denise and Bernie have said, Phil is your best bet by far for a photo of your dad's shop.  It's good to see you settling in and getting around BF.  Get stuck in and enjoy it  O0

tramp

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 10:39:02 AM »
Hi Griff

Welcome to the Forum, we are glad to have you here. I'm sorry but I have been asked before for photos of Bolton Rd. I don't have a single one, I know I used to have some and I spent ages looking for them but I must have misfiled them because I am still looking. If I come across them I will post them as soon as I do.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 04:35:56 PM »
Hi Griff

I've had a good look around and photos of Bolton Rd seem to be like the proverbial rocking horse [censored]. All I can come up with at the moment are these two and I'm afraid they are not up to much.

I will keep looking and if I come up with any more I will post them at a later date.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Depper

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 12:07:06 PM »
My Grandmother Maggie Else nee Pendered was born in 1894 7 Burton Terrace,Bolton Road, Deritend. Amazed to
see photo.  Her father George wa born 1870 Garbett Street. Any photo's
Roger

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy