Author Topic: The Hay Mills, Sheldon & Yardley That Us Old Uns Remember  (Read 184269 times)

frederick

Re: The Hay Mills, Sheldon & Yardley That Us Old Uns Remember
« Reply #407 on: November 11, 2016, 05:09:05 PM »
There used to be a farm in Wagon lane a family member of mine owned it. Anyone remember it being there.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

planetmalc

« Reply #408 on: November 11, 2016, 06:41:50 PM »
That is my friend its his bus. The place is Llandudno.

Nice! O0
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

jamesm

« Reply #409 on: November 11, 2016, 06:45:55 PM »
There used to be a farm in Wagon lane a family member of mine owned it. Anyone remember it being there.
Don't remember the farm but I remember playing football (mainly uphill!!) at Wagon Lane and there were old buildings, possibly the changing rooms, that could have been old farm buildings. Also used to go to a youth club on the same site in an old building that again could have been part of an old farm.

planetmalc

« Reply #410 on: November 11, 2016, 07:20:59 PM »
Don't remember the farm but I remember playing football (mainly uphill!!) at Wagon Lane and there were old buildings, possibly the changing rooms, that could have been old farm buildings. Also used to go to a youth club on the same site in an old building that again could have been part of an old farm.

That piece of parkland at Wagon Lane is gradually being modernised, but they sure are taking their time about it! ::)
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #411 on: November 11, 2016, 07:31:32 PM »
Surely the farm was Hospital Farm it was there until near end of the 70's at the bottom end of what is now the park. The buildings have been converted to houses near the bend opposite the infant school.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

RoyMcC

« Reply #412 on: November 11, 2016, 07:46:27 PM »
Pretty sure you'd be correct Phil.

The changing rooms at the Lyndon PF were purpose-built I think. Not sure where the footballers get changed these days  ???  Does anyone remember the parky's little cottage that used to stand a little way down towards the farm (as described by Phil)? Used to spend many hours at the 'Dells' up at the top of the park. I guess the local kids don't bother with climbing trees and stuff these days.

frederick

« Reply #413 on: November 12, 2016, 04:52:35 PM »
It was my older brother that told me about the farm in Wagon lane. When I get home I will ask him about it again to see which side of the family owned it.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

RoyMcC

« Reply #414 on: December 06, 2016, 09:03:32 PM »

Not sure this has been posted before? It's a 1938 aerial pic of the New Coventry Road (running up from bottom right), Wagon Lane (along the bottom), Gilberstone Avenue, Brean Avenue etc. The roads just cut through awaiting the housing which was to follow thereafter.

(My family homestead is one of the few pre-existing buildings there, just up from the Wagon Lane junction.)

JudithM

« Reply #415 on: December 07, 2016, 12:52:29 PM »
Trying to orientate myself in this - are we looking towards, or away from, the airport in this picture?
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

RoyMcC

« Reply #416 on: December 07, 2016, 01:04:22 PM »
Looking away from the airport towards town, Judith.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #417 on: December 07, 2016, 02:03:10 PM »
Judith

On this map the aircraft that took this photo would have been roughly where I have placed this pointer, and the photo is orientated in the direction it is pointing. Is that right RoyMcC?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy