Author Topic: The Hay Mills, Sheldon & Yardley That Us Old Uns Remember  (Read 184803 times)

johnjames

Re: The Hay Mills, Sheldon & Yardley That Us Old Uns Remember
« Reply #319 on: May 15, 2013, 10:53:38 PM »
The Bulls head was demolished later than 1968. It was still going strong in 1969/70 when there was a great  soul and reggae disco upstairs.

johnjames

« Reply #320 on: May 15, 2013, 10:59:02 PM »
The Singer factory which later became a Rootes Group works was actually built by the BSA to a similar specification to their Armoury Rd factory. There is still a remnant of this type of building standing at the bottom of Armoury Rd. For a time it was the BSA apprentice training centre.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #321 on: May 16, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »
I used the Bulls Head much later than 1970, it actually closed on October 24th 1983 when it's licence transferred to the Old Police Station over the road when it became the Old Bill & Bull.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

johnjames

« Reply #322 on: May 16, 2013, 08:46:26 PM »
I have many happy memories of the Bull. Dancing there to great reggae and soul music. This long gone pub is one of the highlights of my distant teenage years...

chick stewart

« Reply #323 on: August 20, 2013, 07:42:33 PM »
has anyone got any pictures of the meadway pub in kitts green birmingham i used to drink there and me mom and dad

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #324 on: September 02, 2013, 05:50:02 PM »
Brummie Nick

I put a couple of photos of the Meadway up for Chick the other day here. I'm sorry but I had to delete your post as the rules say you cant link to another forum without the permission of the administrator,
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

brummie nick

« Reply #325 on: September 02, 2013, 09:13:22 PM »
 Fair enough Phil, If that’s the rule, seems a strange one though, any other site I visit allows links.
Nick   

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #326 on: September 02, 2013, 09:15:56 PM »

• No spamming. Do not post or send unsolicited pm's advertising something or promoting another website without the permission of the administrator
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #327 on: September 02, 2013, 09:19:27 PM »
brummie nick

They are the rules of the forum, we have to make sure they are observed.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

ray wilson

« Reply #328 on: October 03, 2013, 06:23:21 PM »
Come on people,how many ex biertonians are out there? I attended between 1969 to 1974
Ray......

Taximumuk

« Reply #329 on: October 20, 2013, 11:19:34 PM »
Hi Phil/
          There were other shops between here and the Yew tree by the causway (that was what Church rd. was Called in the 1800s) Simmonds newsagents and a shoe repairer and a S/H furniture shop.
                                                                                                      Ken.

We lived a couple of dozen houses up the road from Simmonds.  In the mid 1950s my parents had a green grocers that was next door but one to a hairdressers.  At the top of Church Road, nearer to the Swan, was a hardware shop run by Mr and Mrs Walker, a grocers called Dormans and a sweet shop called Plaisters.  There was another greengrocers up there too and another one or two shops but I can't remember what they were called.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy