Author Topic: Wednesbury SKIDMOREs  (Read 2721 times)

John_Lerwill

Wednesbury SKIDMOREs
« on: November 19, 2006, 11:48:15 AM »
I've recently found out that a SKIDMORE (my ancestry links into the SKIDMORE family) was a founder-member of the once-famous Wednesbury Old Athletic football club in the 1870s, and became captain of Wednesbury Town cricket club ca. 1905 after playing for them for many years.

Wednesbury is not in Birmingham I know, but if anyone has a family connection with the SKIDMORE I mention, then I'd love to hear from them.
We are all ONE - despite appearances!

john2000

Re: Wednesbury SKIDMOREs
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 07:46:21 AM »
I remember a peter Skidmore, live between Mary St and Lincon St, always used to suck his thumb,
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 12:23:38 AM »
hi john i remember a skidmore he used to play Foote with us and he had a case ball (real football) and what sticks out in my mind was if he he could not be the boss or you did not play his game he would just pick up the ball and take it home and his dad would come out and say why will you lot not play with him his mom worked in the co op i wonder if its the same skidmore that you know john small world
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

john2000

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 08:42:22 AM »
I Uesd to know a peter Skigmore, he live just across the road from me, dont know about his football days, buy I know he used used to suck his thumb......
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy