Author Topic: companies that have gone in Birmingham  (Read 90569 times)

JacquieD

Re: companies that have gone in Birmingham
« Reply #264 on: August 27, 2020, 10:23:56 PM »
Hi there. I posted this originally in August 2016. I was hoping that maybe over lockdown people may have discovered old photos etc so I’m going to repost.  Any help, guidance or redirecting would be very gratefully appreciated

I'm trying to obtain pictures / images of Baillies Contractors, 2061 Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B25. They were in business from approximately the 1960s to the mid 1980s. My Dad left Ireland in 1965, moved to Birmingham and worked for Baillies from 1965 to 1981 (when he moved back to Ireland) and has very fond memories of it and very frequently refers to his time there. He was a mechanic.
He turns 80 today and I've been searching for over 6 weeks but haven't been able to get any pics of Baillies. It was my intention to present him with a material reminder of all his time in Birmingham. If you could give me any help or guidance I would greatly appreciate it
Jacquie

Jimmimac

Re: companies that have gone in Birmingham
« Reply #265 on: June 18, 2021, 11:13:09 PM »
Anyone out there who worked at Dunlop Chemical Products (Chester Road) in the 60s and 70s? (planetmalc was my 1 contact, but he has gone quiet.)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy