Author Topic: saturday morning pictures  (Read 16103 times)

sheldonboy

Re: saturday morning pictures
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2009, 08:29:58 PM »
All that I can say, is that as children and living in a better part ( posher ) of Brum we were all better behaved and no one had to worry about us spoilng the nice Tivoli. I cannot believe what a shower of badly behaved kids I have ended up in the middle of.  Sb
Strangers are just friends you havn't met yet

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2009, 08:40:33 PM »
sheldon tut tut now your calling us badly behaved kids now thats not right your giving us a bad name its not our fault that we had to take the seats home we needed some thing to put on the fire so that mom could cook the spud peelings out of the pig bin and toast the bread that had been put out for the pigs we did cut the green off the crusts first shame on you tut tut i hate to think what Marge will think when she reads this I'm gutted
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

tramp

« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2009, 09:05:28 PM »
Margaret,

Come to think of it - you're right about the hat hitting - they both did it, but I've no idea who started it

sandrac

« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2009, 05:50:45 PM »
Went to ABC minors at the cinema in Erdington High st, If we got up into the circle we'd lean over and spit on the ones in the stalls below, Remember all the stamping and booing the baddies.One time I was wearing trousers and my friends balaclava cause it was so cold, imagine the embarrassment when an usherette dragged me out of the loo because she mistook me for a "rude little boy  what ya doin' in here "
After ,we'd go home via Station Rd and buy crunchy lumps from a little chocolate makers there.
I was once praised in front of the Whole school for giving my 6p entrance fee to another kid who hadn't got enough on her , don't know how Miss Codling found out but I'd been in trouble for hitting another kid in the playground the week before and been severely admonished in assembly the week before so she was pointing out that bad people could turn good, little did anyone know that I wasn't being good, I needed an excuse to skip the flicks to run around with some older lads instead!!

tramp

« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2009, 08:02:07 PM »
sandrac,

A right little raver aren't you ;D O0

redsnapper

« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2009, 11:17:59 PM »
i used to go Palace in Erdington and search the seats and floor for all the money the lovers in the back row had lost. i was only about 10 , went with my play mate( even though he was a boy) Keith r you out there?

redsnapper

« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2009, 11:19:34 PM »
hey Sandra c -think you were there when i was by the sound of things!

sheldonboy

« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2009, 04:48:01 AM »
Hi  redsnapper
Welcome to the forum (the home for lost and starving Brummies). Have a look around I hope you stay with us mate.    O0 Sheldonboy.
Strangers are just friends you havn't met yet

sandrac

« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2009, 08:05:39 AM »
Raver ?  me ?  given half a chance !!  Got taken to see a Child Psychologist when I was 10 'cause I became so unruly, how threading beads on a bit of string in the right order can tell you anything  I've never worked out ! At least they found out I'm not colour blind. But got a new Geometry set out of it . Attention seeker or what?

Pat H

« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2009, 03:29:40 PM »
Being from Small Heath maybe a little down the ladder in those days from the Sheldon wealthy, my Mom could afford a penny spending money and I used to get a sherbet dab, and make myself feel ill every Saturday. We went to the Grange or Coronet cinema’s on Coventry road anyone remember them?

(Strange how these interesting threads suddenly come to an abrupt end.)

Tramp if your still about I'd be interested as to where you are now, as I noticed your travel itinerary I am very interested in the South Seas, especially Hawaii as we publish a magazine (only a home produced one). about Hawaii and its music and Hawaiian style music around the world.

Jerry

« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2009, 04:23:26 PM »
Hi Pat, there are a lot of Small Heathens on this site including me ( Grange road ) Whereabouts did you live?

Also, if you haven't visited my site you might enjoy the view ;)

Jerry

http://www.smallheathcircle.com/7.html
Always make sure you've got a comfortable bed and a comfortable pair of shoes because you're gonna spend most of your time in one or the other

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy