Author Topic: LONGMORE STREET BIRMINGHAM  (Read 42650 times)

mocky

Re: LONGMORE STREET BIRMINGHAM
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 03:23:31 PM »
Hi Everyone looking at the public house ,we lived opposite the Lion opposite the pub was a bit of bombed land then back to back houses we live at the rear of the fist block,times were hard but we loved it in Longmore Street our Grandad had a butchers further down on the opposite side of the road,The picture are bringing back lots of dormant memories,those were the best days of our lives,Mocky
Hi Again JW

Where was it your relative moved from? I can't help you out with a street view but I have got the three pubs named by John2000, he always thinks of the important thing first.

I have also got one of Pinnicks on the Balsall Heath Rd corner of Longmore st. If I come accross any more I will post them.

Phil
Mocky

mocky

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 03:26:58 PM »
Does anyone remember Mrs Wrights sweet shop just up from the Lion and The Chocolate Box opposite by the chip shop and laundry?
Hi Everyone looking at the public house ,we lived opposite the Lion opposite the pub was a bit of bombed land then back to back houses we live at the rear of the fist block,times were hard but we loved it in Longmore Street our Grandad had a butchers further down on the opposite side of the road,The picture are bringing back lots of dormant memories,those were the best days of our lives,Mocky
Mocky

mocky

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 03:30:09 PM »
What about the Luxor picture house,in Balsall heath road,oh Batman I used to go flying back home after the saturday afternoon viewing,
Does anyone remember Mrs Wrights sweet shop just up from the Lion and The Chocolate Box opposite by the chip shop and laundry?
Mocky

mocky

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 03:32:07 PM »
Hi Phil  ;) not sure if I amusing this right and hope you get back to me I did reply to your message ,thank you,Mocky
What about the Luxor picture house,in Balsall heath road,oh Batman I used to go flying back home after the saturday afternoon viewing,
Mocky

janey

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 03:33:58 PM »
Hi Mocky I remember your sister Carol I am pretty sure I went to school with her, and unless I am mistaken you knew my friends Betty, Bernie, did your family own a cafe

john2000

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 03:55:48 PM »
Hi Phil,
Yes we moved to Wenman Street,can you tell me your last name perhaps I would remember you and yes I am the youngest, Melvyn is the eldest then Barrie,Mocky

He cant do that, sorry, the police are still looking for him,
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

mocky

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 03:57:38 PM »
Hi Janey
Yes we did it was called the Medina,on the corner of Edward Road, O0
Mocky

janey

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 04:01:50 PM »
Thought so your sister was in the year above me in Hope St, my mates knew you and Barry, in fact one of you were probably in my year at school, do you remember John Rashman, Timothy Feeley, I can't remember the boys names,

mocky

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2011, 04:03:15 PM »
Hi Mocky I remember your sister Carol I am pretty sure I went to school with her, and unless I am mistaken you knew my friends Betty, Bernie, did your family own a cafe
Hi Janey,
The names sound familiar,did they hang around together,I think my brother Barrie had a crush on Bernie,
There used to be two sets of girls around that time Bernie and Betty and Jane and another girl can't remember her name though,
Mocky

john2000

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2011, 04:03:29 PM »
Hi Janey
Yes we did it was called the Medina,on the corner of Edward Road, O0
Edward Rd and Hallam Street,?
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

mocky

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2011, 04:05:42 PM »
Thought so your sister was in the year above me in Hope St, my mates knew you and Barry, in fact one of you were probably in my year at school, do you remember John Rashman, Timothy Feeley, I can't remember the boys names,Johnny Rashman me and another used to be best mates gosh the memories are flooding back now,can you tell me your last name I might remember you
Mocky

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy