Author Topic: LONGMORE STREET BIRMINGHAM  (Read 42647 times)

mocky

Re: LONGMORE STREET BIRMINGHAM
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2011, 04:08:11 PM »
Janey,
 I am probably filling in this page wrongly.what is your surname I might remember you
Mocky

janey

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2011, 04:13:19 PM »
Hi Janey,
The names sound familiar,did they hang around together,I think my brother Barrie had a crush on Bernie,
There used to be two sets of girls around that time Bernie and Betty and Jane and another girl can't remember her name though,
Bernie Betty and Jane, yes they were my friends, I am trying to think of the other lad who used to hang out with John Rashman, could it be Ameen Hassen not sure if that is spelt correctly.

mocky

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2011, 04:16:55 PM »
Dear Janey,We hung around together,There used to be me johnny and Amina Hassan,and all went to Hope street school,apart from hanging around in the cafes, :)
Mocky

mocky

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2011, 04:17:54 PM »
Dear Janey,We hung around together,There used to be me johnny and Amina Hassan,and all went to Hope street school,apart from hanging around in the cafes, :)  soory Amin Hassan
Mocky

janey

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2011, 04:29:11 PM »
I was in their class at school John Rashman, I mean were you in our class, I remember your name but not sure about who was in whose class, Mr Wilson first year

mocky

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2011, 04:38:39 PM »
I was in their class at school John Rashman, I mean were you in our class, I remember your name but not sure about who was in whose class, Mr Wilson first year
I can't really remember teachers as I hated most of them the two that stick out were Mr WILSON Miss Pitt,oh and Mr Green,Mr Drayton(head master)god I hated my school days thinking about it,but it done me no wrong.
Mocky

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2011, 05:26:35 PM »
Hi Mocky

It would be a waste of time me giving you my surname as you wouldn't know it, I knew Melvin and Carol, but it was Anne I knew best of all. She went out with a mate of mine called Robert. Next time you see her ask her if she remembers him and his mate Pip.

When did your family take over the Medina they must have bought it from Brian when he went to Australia. I lived there for a short while in the 60's and I also worked for Brian off and on. At one time he wanted me to take over the café as he wasn't interested in it. He only wanted to know about the illegal card games upstairs. I didn't want to be tied down so I found a mate that was acceptable to him to run it. I had some great times at the Medina, but I had moved on by about 1965.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mocky

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2011, 05:41:20 PM »
I think you are on about Robert Corbetson,is that right,
Hi Mocky

It would be a waste of time me giving you my surname as you wouldn't know it, I knew Melvin and Carol, but it was Anne I knew best of all. She went out with a mate of mine called Robert. Next time you see her ask her if she remembers him and his mate Pip.

When did your family take over the Medina they must have bought it from Brian when he went to Australia. I lived there for a short while in the 60's and I also worked for Brian off and on. At one time he wanted me to take over the café as he wasn't interested in it. He only wanted to know about the illegal card games upstairs. I didn't want to be tied down so I found a mate that was acceptable to him to run it. I had some great times at the Medina, but I had moved on by about 1965.

Phil
Mocky

mocky

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2011, 05:48:39 PM »
I actually trained as a crupier in Brians Fallons card den above the medina,Staying up all night dealing cards,what an experience to have lived in Wenman street but I must say I loved Balsall heath,but the heart has been ripped out of it,Phil now your name is ringing bells I would remember you as PIP wearing a black leather jacket did you have blondish hair,
I think you are on about Robert Corbetson,is that right,
Mocky

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2011, 05:58:25 PM »
Mocky

Yes I am talking about Robert Culbertson, his brother John was a mate of Melvin's. You must be thinking of Robert with the blond hair as mine is dark. I still don't remember you, how old would you have been in 1965 when I had moved on to other places. I can't remember if I was still wearing a leather jacket then, I'm sure I dumped it 63-64. I know the last thing I did for Brian was paint the outside of his house that he built out at [censored]. I remember I stopped in a caravan on the site all week and spent all weekend at the café.

Phil

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mocky

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2011, 06:06:51 PM »
63-64,I was about12-13,do you remember going over to the boys club with Robert when one of the organizers hit me with a pump around my head and you and Robert came over to him?and yes I do recall you and Robert do you ever hear from him,Melvyn lives in Bognor Regis west sussex,carole is in bournville anne is still in mary street,and yes were all getting old,
Mocky

Yes I am talking about Robert Culbertson, his brother John was a mate of Melvin's. You must be thinking of Robert with the blond hair as mine is dark. I still don't remember you, how old would you have been in 1965 when I had moved on to other places. I can't remember if I was still wearing a leather jacket then, I'm sure I dumped it 63-64. I know the last thing I did for Brian was paint the outside of his house that he built out at [censored]. I remember I stopped in a caravan on the site all week and spent all weekend at the café.

Phil
Mocky

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy