Author Topic: LONGMORE STREET BIRMINGHAM  (Read 42663 times)

mocky

Re: LONGMORE STREET BIRMINGHAM
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2011, 06:10:32 PM »
Phil,
.Sorry in 1965 I was 14,do you remember the alleged ghost incidents at our house 119 wenman street
63-64,I was about12-13,do you remember going over to the boys club with Robert when one of the organizers hit me with a pump around my head and you and Robert came over to him?and yes I do recall you and Robert do you ever hear from him,Melvyn lives in Bognor Regis west sussex,carole is in bournville anne is still in mary street,and yes were all getting old,
Mocky

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2011, 06:14:29 PM »
Mocky

The last time I saw Robert was about 6 years ago in my Aunts café in Moseley St. He hasn't changed a bit, I think he lives over Rubery way now, but I wouldn't swear to it.

As for the boys club incident I don't remember it, I'm not saying that I wasn't there just that I don't remember it. I was just thinking the other blond headed chap you mention could have been Wilkie who lived in Vincent St he was my uncle sadly another one who is no longer with us.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mocky

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2011, 06:20:18 PM »
Yes Wilkie Houghton is that right?,I am so so sorry to hear the news,
Mocky

The last time I saw Robert was about 6 years ago in my Aunts café in Moseley St. He hasn't changed a bit, I think he lives over Rubery way now, but I wouldn't swear to it.

As for the boys club incident I don't remember it, I'm not saying that I wasn't there just that I don't remember it. I was just thinking the other blond headed chap you mention could have been Wilkie who lived in Vincent St he was my uncle sadly another one who is no longer with us.

Phil
Mocky

mocky

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 06:22:40 PM »
Phil I will speak to Carole later a she should remember you,I live in Northfield,Barrie lives in Acocks green,it's been great talking to you,what you up to now?
Yes Wilkie Houghton is that right?,I am so so sorry to hear the news,
Mocky

mocky

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2011, 06:25:44 PM »
Just got to put a face to a name and no doubt I will remember you because your name of PIP really does ring a bell.Carole will remember,
Phil I will speak to Carole later a she should remember you,I live in Northfield,Barrie lives in Acocks green,it's been great talking to you,what you up to now?
Mocky

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 07:07:05 PM »
Yes Wilkie Houghton is correct he was my mothers youngest brother. He was a mate of Roberts as well so it might be him you were thinking of. These are the only two photos of myself that I can come up with from around that time. Though they are a couple of years later.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

janey

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2011, 08:35:42 PM »
I can't really remember teachers as I hated most of them the two that stick out were Mr WILSON Miss Pitt,oh and Mr Green,Mr Drayton(head master)god I hated my school days thinking about it,but it done me no wrong.
Hi I remember all those teachers, Mr Drayton left shortly after I started at Hope St, and Mr Benson was the head teacher then, he was ok, Mr Green was ok, I started Hope St when we went into the seniors, I was just thinking about the 3 girls we mentioned, I think it was Joan, not Jane, your cafe sounds very interesting, lol, I left school in 66, were you in the same year as me, theres someone else I chatted to who was in our class, Dave Pedan, if you find a thread called Bishop St, I was talking to him on there.

mocky

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2011, 09:11:11 PM »
Hi Janey,
Yes Joan,Betty caine,and Bernie,I remember them now Mr Benson came in the second year of seniors for me,we had some good times at school but I could not wait til i left,The fondest memory i have was coming second in the twist competition at the school party
Hi I remember all those teachers, Mr Drayton left shortly after I started at Hope St, and Mr Benson was the head teacher then, he was ok, Mr Green was ok, I started Hope St when we went into the seniors, I was just thinking about the 3 girls we mentioned, I think it was Joan, not Jane, your cafe sounds very interesting, lol, I left school in 66, were you in the same year as me, theres someone else I chatted to who was in our class, Dave Pedan, if you find a thread called Bishop St, I was talking to him on there.
Mocky

janey

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2011, 09:24:49 PM »
Hi Janey,
Yes Joan,Betty caine,and Bernie,I remember them now Mr Benson came in the second year of seniors for me,we had some good times at school but I could not wait til i left,The fondest memory i have was coming second in the twist competition at the school party
Was that the year we had the party in the school, then the dance comp in the little hall down the bottom of Hope St, And Tommy somebody came first with a girl who I think was Denise ?, do you remember Judy Westwood, Maureen McGann, Robert Addis, good fun most of the time

mocky

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2011, 08:10:36 AM »
Hi Janey,
Yes that's it,blimey you have a good memory,it was me Tommy and Johnny Rashman in the final three pairs,and yes I do recall these names,Do you remember Kathleen Mcgowen,all the boys were after her,she was going out with a boy named Charlie Foot,What is your surname just to see if I can remember you,it's a pleasure talking to you and trying to recall these days,Unfortunately we all have moved on some married some divorced,some passed on, but there are some of us left,keep the memories alive do you ever hear from any of old school pals, I moved to Essex in the early eighties,but moved back to Birmingham and started my own business,and as qualified Animal psychologist,I have been featured on the Ed Doolan show WM Radio helping owners with Animal/Pet behaviour problems,have look at the website www.askpetpaws.com have you got any photo's of you to see if I can recognise you,have a lovely day and hopefully will chat later take care,Mocky :)
Was that the year we had the party in the school, then the dance comp in the little hall down the bottom of Hope St, And Tommy somebody came first with a girl who I think was Denise ?, do you remember Judy Westwood, Maureen McGann, Robert Addis, good fun most of the time
Mocky

mocky

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2011, 08:12:57 AM »
Hi Phil,Would you send me your email address and I will send you a photo of me as I cannot figure out how to post one on here,
Yes Wilkie Houghton is correct he was my mothers youngest brother. He was a mate of Roberts as well so it might be him you were thinking of. These are the only two photos of myself that I can come up with from around that time. Though they are a couple of years later.

Phil
Mocky

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy